What's new

Diamine Bougainvillea Ink

I recently bought a TWSBI Go for an ink tester. I also purchased a bottle of Diamine Bougainvillea. This ink is simply beautiful to behold, just like a bougainvillea plant that is so common, here. The color is a vibrant pinkish, redish, purplish ink that is hard to describe exactly. It is like a darker and stronger color of a bishop's shirt and more vibrant.

I filled my Go up with the ink simply by pressing and releasing the plunger...basically pushing a button. I started writing some samples on standard notebook paper and I was more than pleased. Since, I have been writing down many of my poems in a journal that had heretofore been typed on my computer. The poems look spectacular, even with my poor penmanship made worse by old injuries coming back to haunt me as I get older. Printing and cursive looked great, especially the cursive. It looked so good I switched from printing to using cursive when writing down the poems. Part of that is because the Go uses the same nib as the Eco and writes really good anyway.

I had no dryness. This is a wet ink going down, but it didn't take long to dry at all. There was not fuzziness, bleeding, or anything. I like this ink and I am going to give some others in this series a try. I'll see if I can make a swatch and post it.

Top Bottom