What's new

Just bought myself an early Christmas present a new Hat!

Well after years of wanting and wishing I finally purchased a

Stetson Temple Fur Felt Fedora Hat!

In Caribou color ( medium grey) It is a Stetson so the quality is supposed to be top notch. The reason it has taken me so long is that I kept thinking I would one day find a vintage one in a store one day. But I have a freakishly large noggin, size 8 1/4 so finding a hat that size is beyond rare, it's nearly impossible. Anyway just wondering if anyone else here has one of these and can give some I put on how you like the hat?

strop

Now half as wise
You will love it! I have a couple of Stetson fedoras and they are great hats.

I've never been able to find a vintage hat larger than 7 1/8.:mad3:

You will love it! I have a couple of Stetson fedoras and they are great hats.

I've never been able to find a vintage hat larger than 7 1/8.:mad3:

I have been searching for thirty years now and never saw anything above a 7 1/2!
And those are super rare. I tried stretching a 7 1/2 it started tearing at 7 3/4. So for all these years I have had one hat, a said to be made by Stetson Indiana Jones movie hat. It is not a high quality hat so I doubt it was made by Stetson. It never lived up to my expectations and was sold after a year. I did make a small profit on the whole fiasco, so all was not lost.

I really cant can't wait to get this in hand. The old straw Panama hat just may get retired! At least during the fall and winter months.
Growing up I always wore a ball cap or cowboy hat of some type and as an adult I have always felt deprived of something important. A straw hat just doesn't give the same image as a proper felt men's hat.

If you need a custom fit, and a top quality hat look here

~http://vintagesilhouettes.com/

Art is not cheap, but still not expensive for what you get and the quality is tops. I have three from about 4 years ago and they still look like new.

Congratulations on your purchase! I don't think you'll be disappointed; I've got a Stetson Temple in caribou and a Whippet in tawny, and both are great hats. I've had the Temple for about six years now and it is a great, all-around hat. I had a black Temple as well, but sold it and replaced it with a Biltmore Homburg; just didn't have much need for a black fedora. Enjoy the hat!

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Here's a Christmas hat.

Do you like this one?

$MC cake hat.jpg

Top Bottom