What's new

Paris is burning

My heart goes out to the families of the victims and the residents of France that will be forever changed from this.
I hope they catch ALL that was responsible for this.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Truely horrific. Our oldest allies. A proud and beautiful country of brave people.

Yes- and too many Americans forget that. We wouldn't have won without their navy and arms, and financial backing from the Netherlands.

My son was at the theater yesterday when Paris was attacked. I just landed from Seoul and called him since it was his birthday. No reply for 2 hours. Probably the longest of my life. He is fine and wasn't aware of the war taking place few miles from his place.

I feel anger and pain today more than ever. I was born, studied and worked in Paris before moving to Milan. My son is studying in Paris as well and I cannot accept lives to be interrupted by a bunch of irresponsible cowards.

the mods are free to cancel this post if the to tone is too political I wouldn't blame them but wished to express my thoughts.

Last edited:
These are the kind of posts people should not remove! Glad he's fine! And I'm sure that was a horrible few hours!
At least for now all is well, and you can sit back and relax :thumbup1:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
My wife's first cousin Annie posted on Facebook this morning and said she was safe. Portes ouvertes is being conducted where people who are trapped in the city are taken in by others until transportation is back up and running.

This is all so senseless and tragic. Good for France for not capitulating to threats. A declaration of war from a modern industrialized country couldn't have been the desired goal of the terrorists.

Top Bottom