Hardware
$uploadfromtaptalk1463097883542.jpg

Soaps and Creams
$uploadfromtaptalk1463097916179.jpg

Aftershaves and Balms
$uploadfromtaptalk1463097946726.jpg

And a dead shavette
$uploadfromtaptalk1463097975371.jpg

I like it. There are two small matching chairs as well. My great grandfather made for my mom and aunt when they were kids. My brother and I used it when we were little, and now my 3yr old son eats at it with his cousin.

Well the box came at the perfect time as my 3yr old son knocked my bush off the counter and broke the handle into tiny bits. For the week I will be using the Made Rite brush from the box, and now on to the reviews:

Day 1
Box
Brush: Made Rite
Blade: Silver Blue (day 1)
Soap: HowToGrowAMoustache - maple syrup vanilla
Aftershave: Clubman vanilla

Mine
Razor: Aristocrat Brit #15

$IMG_20160512_222426.jpg

I like food smelling soaps. My wife on the other hand does not. So while I have the box I will be trying as many as I can :) This one lathered easily and had a pleasant sent which lasted the entire shave. The razor I found to be not as sharp feeling as I like and there was some tugging, I will try it again on Day 2. The aftershave was pleasant and I found it left a faint sent that lasted all day. The brush is smaller then my now deceased regular brush but it was a nice firm knot.

Day 2
Box
Blade: Silver Blue (day 2)
Soap:Bro Shave Co - Coconut & Lemongrass

Mine

$IMG_20160513_211640.jpg

The blade had notable tugging today and it will be tossed. The soap was very faint. Not sure if this was because of the baggie it was in or just how it was. I plan to try a few of their soaps however so I will see. I wasn't very impressed with the lather it produced either. Still liked the aftershave even if there was a good deal of burning today.

Day 3
Box
Blade: Astra Stainless (day 1)
Soap: Bro Shaving Co Spiced Apple Cider

Mine

$IMG_20160514_164942.jpg

The soap had a strong sent and lathered well, and made my either bathroom smell like apple cider. I think the Coconut & Lemongrass just was in a baggie too long. The blade was one I have used in the past (I might have tossed this tuck in on the first round). It preformed well with no tugging and no burn from the aftershave today. My wife has declared she does not like this clubman, so I will be trying a new aftershave tomorrow of her choosing. The brush is still preforming very well. I'm finding that I really like the smaller size knot.

Day 4
Box
Blade: Astra Stainless (day 2)
Soap: Bro Shaving Co Barbershop
Aftershave: Nram's Citrus Bay Rum

Mine

$IMG_20160515_154111.jpg

The blade is going strong in day 2. No noticeable dulling. Bro Shaving Co. lathered well and had a nice mild scent. The bay was different then I was use to from a bay rum. Much more mild with less clove smell. All in all a nice close shave.

Day 5
Box
Blade: Astra Stainless (day 3)
Soap: Red Leaf Enligh Coast

Mine

(no pic running late for work)

I like this soap. had a very mild scent that smelled clean. Day 3 with the blade and still gave me a great shave. I remember why I love these blades so much and am going onto bestshave.net to try and order another box. No weepers no cuts and just a nice shave to start the day (even if it was rushed)

Day 6
Box
Blade: Astra Stainless (day 2)
Soap: Gentleman's Eucalyptus

Mine

(pic not uploading don't know why, tinypic to the rescue)

The cream was interesting. Not for me scent wise but the glide was amazing. Local Toronto company and I will have to wander over and see their other offerings. Have I mentioned I love the #15? I think it is one of the best razors ever made (and I have tried damn near everything out there). The aftershave I am done with. it is nice and soothing but it is missing something for my tastes. Just not the bay rum smell I like.

Attachments

• $IMG_20160517_184816.jpg
    $IMG_20160517_184816.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 63
Now for what I am taking out of the box:

• Made rite Brush (since I have to replace a brush and I really like this one)
  • Red Leaf soap

What i have added into the box:

• Elvado post Shave Balm (almost full, just not for me)
  • Arko shave soap (new never used, this was a spare I had)
  • Gillette 1953 3/4 - 40's style Superspeed in good condition

Attachments

• $IMG_20160517_185242.jpg
    $IMG_20160517_185242.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 65
  • $IMG_20160511_210330.jpg
    $IMG_20160511_210330.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 67
Now for what I am taking out of the box:

• Made rite Brush (since I have to replace a brush and I really like this one)
  • Red Leaf soap

What i have added into the box:

• Elvado post Shave Balm (almost full, just not for me)
  • Arko shave soap (new never used, this was a spare I had)
  • Gillette 1953 3/4 - 40's style Superspeed in good condition

Will keep an eye out for the box and report when it arrives!

The box has arrived safely in Montreal. I must say that Skip is the master packer. I don't think there would be room for one more type of soap in the box even if we tried. I'm looking forward to trying out some of the things in the box. It looks like lots of new stuff has been added to the box as it made it's journey across Canada for the second time. I will report back tomorrow once I shave next I will also alert Luc that I have the box since he is next
Up. Cheers

My first shave with the box was a good one. I tried the midnight into shaving soap from France. It was quite nice little bit thin for my liking I may try it with a little more so tomorrow. Also tried the citrus Bay rum aftershave which was in the box. It had a nice faint Bay rum scent. I prefer a little bit more burn however. Also tried the Ladas blade. It was great smooth not quite as sharp as I like however.

I am looking forward to tomorrow's shave

My first shave with the box was a good one. I tried the midnight into shaving soap from France. It was quite nice little bit thin for my liking I may try it with a little more so tomorrow. Also tried the citrus Bay rum aftershave which was in the box. It had a nice faint Bay rum scent. I prefer a little bit more burn however. Also tried the Ladas blade. It was great smooth not quite as sharp as I like however.

I am looking forward to tomorrow's shave

Midnight & Two soap? It is made in Alberta. Calgary to be specific IIRC.

Today I tried the brew Brothers soap in the barbershop sent. Could produce a very nice creamy lather that was quite slick. This soap was also made in Alberta and was very nice.

I used a Balzano blade in my own razor. It was quite sharp and very nice to use as well. It was my first time trying this blade.

I finish things up with the brutal aftershave. It had a nice feint scent with a very good afterburn. I really liked it

Looking forward to my shave tomorrow

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I'm still here! When you are ready!

Top Bottom