What's new

FaTip comb with a Merkur top cap and handle.

Just tried this. Certainly less blade exposure. It did make it somewhat smoother but no less effective. It will be the only time as I prefer to use all my razors with the stock handles they came with. Part of the reason I like a FaTip is the all brass construction. I even like the stock ball end handles on my NEW Long Comb and Old Type razors as the little bit of weight from the ball end seems to balance better with the head than the thicker bar handles. I really like the Tech Fat handle on a NEW LC as well, but the extra weight of a NEW LC head spoils the balance for me. This is the only situation where I've considered adding weight to the Fat handle but I haven't done so yet. So if you have a FaTip and want a slightly different experience, try it with the top cap from a three post type razor. Muhle, Merkur, or Gillette Old Type as well as others and it might be magic for you.

Interesting, it made it smoother? I may have to play around with this, although I just received my FaTip this past weekend and love the feel and efficiency. To me it's nicer than my R41. I'll give this a try after using the stock FaTip for a few weeks.

I just thought I'd try it to see how different it might be. I use my Grande with the stock handle.

Top Bottom