What's new

Savile Row

Okay, so I've been doing research on this brush and there seems to be a lot of varying opinions as to whether it is a Shavemac or some other manufacturer. Where is this brush made?

I see where it won the B&B award for best brush under $150 and it appears to receive good reviews in the B&B Review section. I would like to hear from folks who use it. Thoughts?

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I had a Shavemac in the past and I tried a Savile Row as well. They felt identical except that the Shavemac I had was set a bit lower.

If you're considering a Savile Row, here's my write on comparing one to a Thater:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...Silvertip-vs-Savile-Row-3326-Finest-Silvertip

Since you mentioned in another thread you already have a Thater I think this may be helpful if you're considering a Savile Row as well. It really is super close to a Shavemac. I do believe that they're made by the same company. I do NOT believe that Thater and Shavemac get their handles from the same place, though, as the material I've gotten from Shavemac has all felt different from what I've gotten from my Thater.

I had a Shavemac in the past and I tried a Savile Row as well. They felt identical except that the Shavemac I had was set a bit lower.

If you're considering a Savile Row, here's my write on comparing one to a Thater:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...Silvertip-vs-Savile-Row-3326-Finest-Silvertip

Since you mentioned in another thread you already have a Thater I think this may be helpful if you're considering a Savile Row as well. It really is super close to a Shavemac. I do believe that they're made by the same company. I do NOT believe that Thater and Shavemac get their handles from the same place, though, as the material I've gotten from Shavemac has all felt different from what I've gotten from my Thater.
Nice review and comparison. Thanks!!

I've also read that they are made by Shavemac. I have a Savile Row and it's a stellar brush.

To me, the handles are clearly Shavemac handles. I have only one Shavemac knot in a Rudy Vey custom brush, but it's a D01, so it wouldn't be an "apples to apples" comparison with my Savile Row silvertip.

Savile Row is an excellent brush.

I've really enjoyed using a 3824 quite a bit recently. I took it on vacation and used it every other day, or more, for a month. It does have more upside down hairs than I've ever encountered, but Charles at QED assured me that this is fine and will diminish with use. The Shavemac I have hasn't lost a hair yet. Go figure.
Regardless, the Savile Row has a great combination of assets. You won't be disappointed.

Top Bottom