What's new

How long does the actual shaving part of your typical daily shave take?

Excluding pre-shave prep, lathering, etc., and post-shave whatever, about how many minutes do you normally spend actually using the blade on your face?

After two months of DE shaving, I now complete my normal daily three passes with good results in 10 minutes. Initially, it took me more like 10-15 to do only two passes (and with less good results). I haven't really had to test this yet, but I figure if I'm ever really pressed for time some days I can now get by with two passes in maybe 7 minutes or one pass in 5 or less. But I was just curious how my normal 10 minute 3-pass shave time compares with what you other gents do.

The actual blade-to-face shaving time? Probably five minutes.

All of the things I do before that point take up more time than the actual shaving, though.

Depends, sometimes I really take my time while an another time I just rush. So I would say between 5-20 minutes.

For me, the actual razor and blade 3-pass action takes about 5-6 minutes. About 1-2 minutes for face-lathering, the 5-6 minute shave, then 1-2 minutes for whatever post-shave I'm doing = a ten minute shave.

The Valet Auto Strop promised the world's fastest shave, 78 seconds from lather to towel.

Well, that certainly beats Gillette!

proxy.php

Just the blade on the face part, probably about 10-15 mins. With everything else added, around 20 mins. I don't like to take forever as I don't wanna waste too much water and I don't wanna be too fast at shaving as it's supposed to be an enjoyable experience + me time.

I'm a "two n done" shaver. Never timed it, but it's pretty quick. Each pass is probably 2-3 min of blade time? So I'd guess 5 min max

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I expect I'm in that 5-7 minute range, but I've never paid much attention to it. I'll see if I can remember to pay attention next time.

I could shave under 5 minutes if I wanted to.
But because I enjoy the experience, I like to savor it.
20 minutes from start to finish. 3 passes and cleanup. I shave after work so i can take my time.

2 to 15 minutes shave time. Total 4-25 minutes. All depends on how much pleasure vs. chore like the shave is. I can be in and out of the bathroom in less than 5 minutes if I have to, but usually I like to give myself time and enjoy the shaving process.

Weekday mornings, it's a two pass shave with no touch ups. 6-7 minutes from wetting the brush to putting everything away.

Top Bottom