What's new

Soap scent dissipating

My soap had a really nice almond and marzipan smell when I first lathered it up but I've found that after about a dozen shaves the scent has dissipated and I can no longer smell it anymore unless I stick my face in the tub. Is this just the way it is with shaving soap?

I assume whatever fragrance they put in it just evaporates. Perhaps I am getting used to it as well.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Yes, fragrances are volatiles. If they weren't, you couldn't smell 'em in the first place!

Put a lid on it, and come back to it. You might find the scent is "stronger" because you have tried other soaps and aren't numb to the initial scent.

My soap had a really nice almond and marzipan smell when I first lathered it up but I've found that after about a dozen shaves the scent has dissipated and I can no longer smell it anymore unless I stick my face in the tub. Is this just the way it is with shaving soap?

I assume whatever fragrance they put in it just evaporates. Perhaps I am getting used to it as well.

what soap?

I had a similar problem with rr p160. I could always smell it in the tub but once it was lathered it had no scent. I traded the soap.

Top Bottom