What's new

pearl/cadet opencomb razors

Does anyone know if the razorock little bastone was a pearl or cadet open comb razor? Anyone use these cadet/pearl open comb razors? if so, how do they perform? Do you know of any websites that sell these open comb razors?

I read in another thread that yes the little bastone is a Pearl. I've seen them for sale on eBay, from techichi shave, who I believe is a member here.

EDIT: There don't seem to be any open comb models from that vendor on eBay at the moment but there were two days ago when I looked.

Last edited:
I was searching online as they disappeared from eBay and noticed that you can get them from http://www.shavingstation.co.uk/ from $12.50 to $14 depending on handle but not sure how much delivery costs would be. Unfortunately they won't ship to Thailand so I cannot take advantage of their great prices. :( I can't understand why they are happy to ship to Australia, which is several thousand miles further away but not Thailand. Still, that's their prerogative I guess.

Last edited:
I started with a Cadet TP 26 which was a black, long- handled OC. I then picked up a Lil Bastogne from RazoRock and found that I preferred the shorter 3" handle, particularly for travel/gymn. I eventually iced up one more short handled as an at home razor. IMO, in terms of performance, there is little, or no difference between the short or long handled versions.

My Pearl razors had a nice finish with a few microscopic imperfections which were visible when you really looked at them closely. The finish is much better than my Merkur 34, and close to, but not as good as an Edwin Jagger razor. I have used them now for a couple of years and they still look good and perform well.

Regarding how aggressive the pearl OC's are, I would characterize them as being moderately aggressive. They are certainly more aggressive than An EJ89, Weber, Merkur 34 and various vintage Gillettes. They are less aggressive than Muhle's 2011 R41 and reportedly than Fatip razors.

It is very good about being fairly easy to dial in an effective angle and it's solid handle gives it enough weight that allows for a low pressure , let the razor do the cutting shave.

These razors are getting harder and harder to find. Not sure why. When they were freely available at $20, they were a remarkable value. The heads are zamak, so they should be easy and cheap to make.
I use it as my travel razor. It is an amazing performer, although blade alignment is a bit tricky.

I read in another thread that yes the little bastone is a Pearl. I've seen them for sale on eBay, from techichi shave, who I believe is a member here.

EDIT: There don't seem to be any open comb models from that vendor on eBay at the moment but there were two days ago when I looked.

The razors I received had the closed comb bottom plates when I thought they were open. I mentioned I liked the closed comb to my guy at Pearl and he sent them like that. I guess there is a bit of a language barrier there. The open comb razors should be in stock here by the end of the week to early next week and they will be available on my site as well. I'll come back to post some links. I'll also be stocking up on many more models from Pearl.

The razors I received had the closed comb bottom plates when I thought they were open. I mentioned I liked the closed comb to my guy at Pearl and he sent them like that. I guess there is a bit of a language barrier there. The open comb razors should be in stock here by the end of the week to early next week and they will be available on my site as well. I'll come back to post some links. I'll also be stocking up on many more models from Pearl.
Resurrecting an old thread. Wondering if you ever posted that update.

I have a Pearl OC head, it's fairly aggressive feeling, with quite a bit of blade feel. (I've tried quite a few different blades, and it mostly sits int he drawer along with my SLOC). I bought just the head, and mounted on an Ikon Bamboo handle, and she feel fairly aggressive in that combo. Gets pretty darn close, but for me it isn't the smoothest shaver, but oddly I found it smoother or more comfortable than the Parker 24C, which is supposed to be a 'mild' razor.

Compared to my Schone and New SC, it might be a bit more efficient, however, the Schone & New SC (or LC) are ultimately smoother shavers, and nearly as efficient at removing stubble. Weird part is if you hold the Pearl next to the Schone, they appear identically shaped to the naked eye, as do the caps, so why does the Pearl not shave as smooth as the Schone?

My biggest gripe with the Pearl is the sloppy blade fitment, as the blade floats around the pins more than on my Schone. The cap from a SLOC/DLC fits the base perfectly, totally cures the loose blade fitment, and really smooths out the shave quite a bit, just saying.

I have a Pearl OC head, it's fairly aggressive feeling, with quite a bit of blade feel. (I've tried quite a few different blades, and it mostly sits int he drawer along with my SLOC). I bought just the head, and mounted on an Ikon Bamboo handle, and she feel fairly aggressive in that combo. Gets pretty darn close, but for me it isn't the smoothest shaver, but oddly I found it smoother or more comfortable than the Parker 24C, which is supposed to be a 'mild' razor.

Compared to my Schone and New SC, it might be a bit more efficient, however, the Schone & New SC (or LC) are ultimately smoother shavers, and nearly as efficient at removing stubble. Weird part is if you hold the Pearl next to the Schone, they appear identically shaped to the naked eye, as do the caps, so why does the Pearl not shave as smooth as the Schone?

My biggest gripe with the Pearl is the sloppy blade fitment, as the blade floats around the pins more than on my Schone. The cap from a SLOC/DLC fits the base perfectly, totally cures the loose blade fitment, and really smooths out the shave quite a bit, just saying.
The SLOC is another razor I'm curious about. Seems they're not available anymore. I've heard that both are quite aggressive. That interests me, particularly if they sell at a good price.

This is my Pearl OC. I like using it but find it too aggressive to use daily. It is the TTO version.
56d36b51f14f3fdaedea5472daade2fe.jpg

Where does one buy the Pearl? They have a website but the razors are listed in rupees. I'm not sure if they ship to the U.S.

Top Bottom