What's new

A Razor That Reaches Every Weird Spot on Your Face

I just found this article on the internet and found the title so hilarious. These are the things that made me laugh:

A Razor That Reaches Every Weird Spot on Your Face
What a misleading title for a misleading product. Every razor reaches any spot on your face!

GILLETTE’S NEW FLEXBALL razor may be the first razor designed to eliminate craning your neck and making dumb faces while shaving.
Talking about dumb faces while he's one of those guys who'll buy every "new" Gillette product, he's the person who's dumb enough to fall for all that over hyped Gillette crap.

Is it the most revolutionary thing to ever happen in the world of shaving? No, but the experience did feel smoother than shaving with my normal razor. It is an improvement.
LOL improvement. Yeah right, they started first with 2 razor carts, later 3 razor carts, later they went with the 3+1 blades. They did skip 4 bladed carts and they invented the 5+1 bladed cart. The funny part is: one blade beats them all (DE/SE). I really wonder what they will produce in the future lol.

I just can't believe how they can deceive people like this. Seriously when I compare any DE/SE razor to the Fusion the DE/SE razor looks very beautiful, stylish, classy and outperforms any cart system!

I wonder if the author of this article even had a real shave once in his life with a DE/SE razor. I bet if he did he wouldn't worship Gillette's new product. Send this guy a DE starters kit :biggrin1:

Source of the article: http://www.wired.com/2014/04/gillette-flexball-razor/

Hi Euro, thanks for your rant. I have to admit that my "Gillette crap" cart affords a really fine shave when traveling or in a pinch!

$image.jpg

A quick shave is also possible with a DE razor, people did it in the past so can we. If I shave quickly with my DE razor I can do 3 passes with in 10 minutes, I don't feel like it's necessary I rather take my time and enjoy every second of my shaving session.

Just out of curiosity, why don't you take a DE razor with you when traveling?

...Just out of curiosity, why don't you take a DE razor with you when traveling?

For short air travel with only carry on bag, the cartridge is acceptable and gives a great shave!

For longer trips, I'll often take a DE plus a shavette straight, or a regular straight perhaps.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 282
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 280
I remember back in the '50s when electrics were getting common, and the ads always started out showing someone with a DE nicking himself trying to shave the back jaw or the neck or something. I guess they have to make up a problem that they're "curing".

The whole concept of "first blades lift and the last ones cut under the skin" sounds like a good idea if you like ingrown hairs. Oh, yeah, and despite what your Mama said, your face will not stay that way if you make that face

The R41 is the razor that gets every spot on my face.

I shave in the shower and both only take me about 10-15 minutes.

I'm around seven minutes, with a DE daily,nick and irritation free, no real trouble spots, smooth a shave as I can get. Now, with a cartridge? Same sentence replacing the DE with cart. Over two blades? No thanks. I don't have a massive upper lip to accommodate such a thing.

Agree.

I'm around seven minutes, with a DE daily,nick and irritation free, no real trouble spots, smooth a shave as I can get. Now, with a cartridge? Same sentence replacing the DE with cart. Over two blades? No thanks. I don't have a massive upper lip to accommodate such a thing.

Me, too.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Multiblades clog. That's my biggest issue with them. and the cost and the needless complexity. And the assumption by the marketers that I am a gullible idiot who will buy anything if I see it on TV, which I don't have. And the utter lack of enjoyment in shaving with them. and the environmental nightmare created by billions of them being made, lightly used, then stuffed into landfills. Other than that, I have no problem with multiblade carts.

Try this multi curved blade system instead for those weird hard to reach spots on your face. Shaves so close you'll never need to shave again.
$0020382_10247_reel-mower_cw513.jpg.rend.hgtvcom.1280.960.jpg

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
The bulldog, thin cap, Old Type that I shaved with this morning hit every spot on my face like it was driving itself.

I drove my Chevy Suburban to the Earth Day festivities sporting an eco-friendly beard.

I drove my Humvee, 6 MPG and since it has over 200k miles it burned another three quarts of oil on the trip as well! I set up a booth to sell organic Lemonade and sold it in 4 oz. styrofoam cups! But I did charge $9 per cup for it and will buy carbon credits to make up for the difference! :001_rolle

I drove my Humvee, 6 MPG and since it has over 200k miles it burned another three quarts of oil on the trip as well! I set up a booth to sell organic Lemonade and sold it in 4 oz. styrofoam cups! But I did charge $9 per cup for it and will buy carbon credits to make up for the difference! :001_rolle

:lol:

Top Bottom