What's new

Maggard Razors

Lets see those Maggard razors that you have in your rotation/collection

Mr6 & MR1 (my daily shavers) excellent shaves with Astra SP blades

$maggard razzors.JPG

Will post a pic when I'm home.
but currently 2 MR1 with v.1 heads and an MR5 with v.2 head as well as an open comb head (bt too mild for me)

L to R:

MR4 w/v1 head (discontinued handle and head :bored:, wishing for a stainless handle relaunch :tongue_sm), MR20 w/OC head, and MR5 w/v2 head

$image-4.jpeg

$2015-05-30.jpg
My MR8 with v2 head next to my '65 Tech for size comparison. The thing is a beast and it shaves so nicely loaded with Astra SPs. I put an Old Type OC head on it once and it was a real horror show, though.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I love the Maggards razors and handles.

Left to right:

MR-6 / Maggards OC
MR-5 / Maggards V2
MR-22 / Maggards V2
MR-8 / 1967 M-4 Tech

proxy.php

proxy.php

Excellent pictures. I have the V2 heads on mine but do have the original V1 head that I sometimes put on the MR6 handle. I really like the handles and am hoping and praying that some day Maggard will come out with a Stainless Steel V2 head.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
The MR6 with OC head is currently my daily shaver. I also have a V1.0 standard comb.

I had originally bought the OC head on that MR-8 handle. Didnt really dig it. Its a much better match for that MR-6. The MR-8 is a winner with the Tech head, so every one is happy! :)

My Maggard Collection thus far. From Left to Right: Maggard MR5 with V2 Open Comb, MR6 Handle(Going to order another OC for it here very soon), and the MR8 with Closed Comb that my Oldest Son has claimed LMAO He now has the Wet Shave Bug as well :lol: AND HE'S ONLY 15!!! LMAO

$20150713_141913.jpg

Until Maggard comes out with a stainless Steel head, what would be suggested as a good mid-aggressive stainless steel head that will fit the Maggard handles?

Is it noticeably much different at all between a Maggard and a Merkur head? I just ordered one, and I'm hoping it's not essentially the same shave.

Top Bottom