What's new

Darkroom increased upload request

Hello all,

I'm wondering, given the nature of this part of the forum, if a size upload limit can be made larger for the Darkroom. I can't seem to upload images larger than 7mb. Some of my photos form my DSLR, even in JPEG format, can top at 10-10 1/2 MB.

Since they are viewed over the web, possibly through non-broadband connection, I would resize them before uploading.

I am on another photo forum, where the upload limit is 2MB exactly for that reason.

Cash I have not had any issue with imgur, even with a raw conversion to jpeg, my files are rarely over 3.5 even after any photoshop tweeks, are you making sure the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" is unchecked?

I may have miss worded that? I meant to say I do it that way through Imgur because I hate re-sizing my files. No problems with Imgur yet, it's when you load on here through the site it compresses it too much.

I may have miss worded that? I meant to say I do it that way through Imgur because I hate re-sizing my files. No problems with Imgur yet, it's when you load on here through the site it compresses it too much.
That is why it's best to resize to e.g. 1024px yourself. That way you keep control over the compression and sharpening.

Top Bottom