What's new

PIF Closed-BBQ cookbook PIF Closed

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Maybe I should buy a book for the BBQ place I went to a few weeks ago here in New Zealand. :lol:
https://sites.google.com/site/unclemikesbbqnz/home

We really don't have any American style BBQ's here and was excited to try his place.

Has B&B was made me a BBQ snob?

-Buy the book and send them a little note.
-I feel sorry for ya bro. I know for a fact you could up your BBQ chops and put out better BBQ than anything in the area.
-No BBQ snob at all....you're just aware about how good it could really be.

We used to slow cooker the ribs and then crisp them on the BBQ as we didn't know better and thought that was as good as it got.

FF a few years, add a smoker, now we know.

Man I got a hunkering for some Smoked Meat.

I blame you and all your visit pics.

-With knowledge and half decent taste buds you can have a powerful epiphanies.
-My intentions were to just pass the sauce.

I may have a smoking habit...

Ribs joints are the best.:laugh:

Aaron- have you had Hard 8 in Stephenville? I may have asked before, but CRS is kicking in. I'd like to know how they stack up.

I have heard of them but not tried.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
The electronic version said "This title is not currently available for purchase"
I just hit buy now on a hard copy. This will take a few weeks to arrive but it's Winter here so I'm in no rush.

Dang it Chris...What happened? Oh, well I think you wanted the hard copy anyway.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Dang it Chris...What happened? Oh, well I think you wanted the hard copy anyway.

Yeah I don't understand why a electronic copy would not be avalible.
You are right I do prefer a hard copy but may need to put it in a plastic bag when reading. Drooling over the photos may damage the book. :lol:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Yeah I don't understand why a electronic copy would not be avalible.
You are right I do prefer a hard copy but may need to put it in a plastic bag when reading. Drooling over the photos may damage the book. :lol:

You are going to really like this book. It starts off with how Aaron got into BBQ then it's goes into each phase of making good BBQ. How to trim a brisket and why is pretty good. Picking the right wood, pits and recipes are in there.

I'm curious to know what woods are available to you.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I watched Franklin BBQ's latest episode tonight. It was all about using wood for your area. Also, cold smoked cheese and smoked beers.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
You are going to really like this book. It starts off with how Aaron got into BBQ then it's goes into each phase of making good BBQ. How to trim a brisket and why is pretty good. Picking the right wood, pits and recipes are in there.

I'm curious to know what woods are available to you.

Manuka & Kanuka would be the most popular by far. It is a also the wood of choice for a hungi.
creates a broad robust flavor that compliments all meats

Pohutukawa - Best for white meat. It is hard to get as it is a protected tree.

There are wood chips available like Hickory, Cherry, Apple & Mesquite.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
"I'm In" members list.

Check to make sure you are on the list. Let me know if I missed you.

1. Claudel Xerxes
2. Cosmos Mariner
3. BK124tt
4. Vlad
5. brucered
6. Purplemonkey
7. Dfoulk
8. DRCIII
9. Gig103
10. Osborn Cox
11. Jason8736
12. DesertJake
13. jzuzphreek
14. MrSpeedy
15. Cphobes
16. Shimsham
17. SO23
18. tukyou
19. rockero

Aaron:

You've sparked so much interest in members wanting to try out their local BBQ places, I think you should start a thread dedicated to it. Maybe " show us your local BBQ joints" or something to that effect. Members could do mini reviews with pics and any other neat things about the particular establishment, the building it's in, etc. I would participate. We have a few unique places here that I could document over time. That might be a really fun thread.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Aaron:

You've sparked so much interest in members wanting to try out their local BBQ places, I think you should start a thread dedicated to it. Maybe " show us your local BBQ joints" or something to that effect. Members could do mini reviews with pics and any other neat things about the particular establishment, the building it's in, etc. I would participate. We have a few unique places here that I could document over time. That might be a really fun thread.

Excellent idea.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Only 19 members jumping in? I've seen more guys jumpin' in on a tuck of Dorco's. We are talking BBQ here.

$9298425.gif

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Top Bottom