What's new

#15 parade

I just my pre #15 a #15.
That photo is almost as bad as bosse photo at driving my #16 desire.

Quick someone post a #15!!

Here you go. My previous real #15. I sold her though. Had second thoughts and got the one above. Ha. This one is now owned by one of our brothers on this site that has not joined the parade yet. Well the razor that is. The case may have already participated in the parade much earlier.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
I know this is a #15 thread but I really want a #16
OP, you are by no means alone in preferring the #16. IMHO the #16 is the best made DE razor of them all.

The # 15 is good looking but the performance (paired with adequate technique) of the #16 is noticeably better. I have not used a better razor for me than the #16 of all of the Gillettes and contemporary razors I have used.

My razor rotation: Gillette 3 pieces and TTOs​

Last edited by a moderator:
Eye candy.
You guys are a bunch of enablers. Now you have me thinking about #16's.
But, I won't. Not until Frenchy is up and running.

Ok all you peer pressurers. Went and got some Goddards liquid tonight and took it all the way. All I can say is thanks! This baby sparkles now from head to toe. Underneath the tarnish is an excellent condition silver pre 15. Here she is all shined up. I put the rhodium 16 out there so you can really see the transformation.
That Goddard's is absolutely magical on silver, isn't it? Beautiful razor!

BTW, what brand are those nylon-tipped pliers, and where might a guy find a pair (of pliers, that is!)?

That Goddard's is absolutely magical on silver, isn't it? Beautiful razor!

BTW, what brand are those nylon-tipped pliers, and where might a guy find a pair (of pliers, that is!)?

Goddards is very magical. Ha. It made short work of the tarnish and added a nice shine quickly. I could only find the liquid though and it worked fine. I picked up the Beadalon pliers at Michaels craft store. They also have them in Hobby Lobby. They are basically jewelry/beading pliers. They are in that section.

http://www.michaels.com/beadalon-nylon-jaw-flat-nose-pliers/10157928.html#q=Nylon+pliers&start=1

Goddards is very magical. Ha. It made short work of the tarnish and added a nice shine quickly. I could only find the liquid though and it worked fine. I picked up the Beadalon pliers at Michaels craft store. They also have them in Hobby Lobby. They are basically jewelry/beading pliers. They are in that section.

http://www.michaels.com/beadalon-nylon-jaw-flat-nose-pliers/10157928.html#q=Nylon+pliers&start=1
I find Goddard's liquid to be perfect to get into the nooks and crannies, though I realize some might like to leave a little of the original patina behind, and that's where the foam may come in more handy.

And it looks like a trip to Michael's is in order - thanks for the info.

We might as well start the #16 parade now until Imatabor boycotts. :lol:

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 167
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 168
Too many safety barred razors in an "Open Comb" thread!
$Replacement-Ref-forgets-who-penalty-was-on.gif
Please resume the #15 parade!

Last edited:
Brent, please keep an eye of your #15 and advice us if/when the tarnish will be back after Goddards treatment!
Thanks!

Will do! I am hoping it lasts awhile at least. I will probably just let it accumulate again for awhile. Not sure I want to use these chemicals on it very often.

I've had good luck with Goddards, on some Kampfes and Wilkinson Sword Empires. Several months, and no tarnish yet. Then again, they aren't used.

Top Bottom