What's new

Decided to give Gillette Foamy another chance

Well I actually love gillette foamy.I usually Inject gillette foamy inside the bristles of the brush, swirl the brush in a hot mug, add some water and make a gentle warm creamy lather :thumbup1: . The scent is absolutely amazing and if possible try out "gillette foamy barber shop" its a great product and scent is even better than foamy regular. Gillette has discontinued foamy barber shop and only 4-5 of these are left in gillette's stock.

Well I actually love gillette foamy.I usually Inject gillette foamy inside the bristles of the brush, swirl the brush in a hot mug, add some water and make a gentle warm creamy lather :thumbup1: . The scent is absolutely amazing and if possible try out "gillette foamy barber shop" its a great product and scent is even better than foamy regular. Gillette has discontinued foamy barber shop and only 4-5 of these are left in gillette's stock.

I think they re-released the Foamy BarberShop scent, it's on the shelf of the local grocery store stacked a few cans deep. Maybe check around your area if interested? The scent is great!

I think they re-released the Foamy BarberShop scent, it's on the shelf of the local grocery store stacked a few cans deep. Maybe check around your area if interested? The scent is great!

Oh I see, well on gillette's website and on amazon it shows just 4 left in the stock. I figured maybe they have discontinued it. But anyway, if its still on the roll then its a good news. I just can't get enough of its scent.

Not all canned stuff is evil even though the mug and brush is definitely more fun.

Why not go hybrid? inject some canned foam into the bristles of brush, swirl the brush in hot mug, add some water for enhanced slickness and you are good to go. :w00t:

I like a lathered soap or cream as much as anybody, but at least 50% of the time I use canned stuff, especially on work days. I don't think I've ever tried Gillette Foamy and that's kind of hard to believe as the stuff is everywhere and I look right at it every time I pick something else. I like the Barbasol Yellow Can and the Noxzema that comes in the Green Can. My favorite is the Nivea Gel in a can.

I see no difference in the quality of my shaves as far as closeness or irritation goes using canned stuff vs. a good soap or cream. The creams/soaps just smell a lot better and it's fun to whip up a good lather. My face tends to be on the oily side so dry skin is never an issue for me and maybe that's why I get along fine with the canned stuff.

I'll have to pick up a can of the Foamy and give it a try.

I like a lathered soap or cream as much as anybody, but at least 50% of the time I use canned stuff, especially on work days. I don't think I've ever tried Gillette Foamy and that's kind of hard to believe as the stuff is everywhere and I look right at it every time I pick something else. I like the Barbasol Yellow Can and the Noxzema that comes in the Green Can. My favorite is the Nivea Gel in a can.

I see no difference in the quality of my shaves as far as closeness or irritation goes using canned stuff vs. a good soap or cream. The creams/soaps just smell a lot better and it's fun to whip up a good lather. My face tends to be on the oily side so dry skin is never an issue for me and maybe that's why I get along fine with the canned stuff.

I'll have to pick up a can of the Foamy and give it a try.

Is the yellow can available at any major B&M that we all know of???
I found the orange, but would love the yellow!!!
Thanks

The last few cans of shaving cream I used were the female versions; seemed to have more moisturizers and scent in them than the manly versions. Didn't prevent the ingrowns or road rash though.

marty

I don't. I don't even have any real objection to it, I just really enjoy picking a scent, and mixing lather. Even if the goo's performance was equal, I couldn't see myself giving up the routine.

+1
Half of the reason I DE shave is because I always wanted to use a brush & soap.

I used Gillette Formy Lemon Lime for decades with carts. When I switched back to DE shaving last year, I stopped using the Foamy, but discovered it's a pretty nice way to get a lime scent on top of Kiss My Face unscented shave cream. I have a couple of cans of Foamy left in the cupboard, so it'll be with me a while.

I used Gillette Formy Lemon Lime for decades with carts. When I switched back to DE shaving last year, I stopped using the Foamy, but discovered it's a pretty nice way to get a lime scent on top of Kiss My Face unscented shave cream. I have a couple of cans of Foamy left in the cupboard, so it'll be with me a while.

Do thy still sell the lemon lime foamy? I've only seen red and teal/green.

I use Barbi from time time, specially in a hurry. But, I always dislike the dry feeling in my face afterwards.

Do thy still sell the lemon lime foamy? I've only seen red and teal/green.

Bought a can a month ago, so I believe so - there's quite a few on the shelf yet.

Local grocery has all the flavors of Foamy, Barbasol (Red/grn/yel/purp/blue/pac), and three of Noxema. I haven't gotten to the Nox products yet, I need to get through the two cans of Foamy in the cupboard first.

Bought a can a month ago, so I believe so - there's quite a few on the shelf yet.

Local grocery has all the flavors of Foamy, Barbasol (Red/grn/yel/purp/blue/pac), and three of Noxema. I haven't gotten to the Nox products yet, I need to get through the two cans of Foamy in the cupboard first.

Wow. I haven't seen more than the 2 foamy and maybe three (green red and sometimes orange) and once I saw arctic chill barbisol. You are lucky to have such well stocked shelves there. Is it a national store I might have here in Michigan?

I love the aerosol shaving creams, especially Barbasol and Gillette Foamy. I've also tried a number of off brands that were very good. I generally use the traditional shaving bowl and puck of soap simply for the enjoyable experience of the ritual, not necessarily because I get a better shave.

When I am in a hurry, and time is the governing factor, there are few products better than Barbasol/Foamy and a Trac II/Atra for a quality BBS shave.

Top Bottom