What's new

Proraso Green soap

i was just in the Tuscan hill town of Volterra. Woke up in the morning for my first shave and found I left my expensive travel cream at home. What to do? Went across the street to a small store and found a tub of Prorasco green soap for 1.8 euros. Started to lather up and was surprised by the great lather and smell. All I have to say is "wow" this is a great soap. I think I've found a new favorite.

Sounds like a great time. Proraso and a good boar brush, and I can just imagine myself in the chair of an Italian barber. It has that kind if scent.

I have a bunch of artisan stuff, but still keep plenty of Proraso green and white around. It is good stuff.

I'm winding down on a tub of Proraso white and I've really liked it alot. I plan to try the Proraso green next as I'm curious to try the menthol. So far the white has been great and I really like how easily it face-lathers and the great shave it gives.

I happen to like the Proraso green slightly better than the Cella

I happened to like it a lot more than Cella. For me, they are in different galaxies, and, oddly enough, Proraso green is not one of my favorites soaps. Yea, i'm starting to hate Cella. :001_smile

Proraso green is great performer. Never had bad shaves with it, very easy to lather. I use Proraso when i really want a quality shave. Not one of my favorites because the scent and the mentholated feeling on the face. Don't like any of those too much. Same goes with the red Proraso. Great performer, overwhelming scent for me. Did not tried white one, but plan to.

Interesting. Usually Proraso is a gateway soap for new wet shavers but I guess it is never too late.

Maybe Prorasco is a different and rare cousin of Proraso? :wink2:

Proraso Green is nice but I couldn't stand the heavy menthol every day. After a couple days it just gets annoying for me.

I'm winding down on a tub of Proraso white and I've really liked it alot. I plan to try the Proraso green next as I'm curious to try the menthol. So far the white has been great and I really like how easily it face-lathers and the great shave it gives.
It's not a strong menthol, if you like menthol, try the pre and post shave cream in the green from proraso. It has a lot more menthol, and on a 2 or 3 pass shave it feels quite cool each time you soap up. Reduces burn too. I like it with the soap.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
We visited Volterra a few years ago as a day trip from our cruise. Didn't see any Proraso (I wasn't really allowed to go looking :tongue_sm) but did see loads of hunters out on a boar cull.

Hot, sweaty day cutting brush and clearing trails. Grabbed a hot shower and since I'd skipped shaving for a few days I wanted something cool. Reached deep into my soap bin and came up with "THE GREEN" I hadn't used in ages. Dropped my body temp a few degrees and rendered a bbs shave that earned some face time with swmbo.

I decided to get some for the upcoming summer months and I just had my first shave with it this morning. I'm undecided about the scent, it's an interesting one for sure. I have to wrap my nose around the eucalyptus I think. But the lather was awesome and the face cooling action was great! I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it was a very nice experience. Now this is just one shave, so I'll give it a few more shaves to develop my final opinion.

Top Bottom