What's new

Pinaud Clubman has hit the spot!

Since joining this awesome forum, I have read a ton of threads about Pinaud Clubman AS and always wondered if it was as good as everyone says. So while I was at a local Walgreen store I saw it on the shelf and decided to pull the trigger and get some. This stuff is great! In the past I had been afraid of after shaves because I was using cartridges and the burning from the bad irritation was too much, it would turn my face red and hurt for hours. I always liked the scent of aftershaves, but was afraid of the burning. Since switching to DE I can use them with little to no burning at all and have the scent to go with it. I'm loving the smell of Clubman and the way it makes my face feel.

Last edited:
Congrats, clubman is definitely a favorite. You might try some witch hazel right after your shave to help with some of the burn, before your aftershave. WH is very healing.

Clubman is a great value, smells good and very easy to acquire. Personally I prefer Fine American Blend, but for the price Clubman is tough to beat.

I use Thayers Rose WH. AWESOME stuff and smells good for a long time after application. I shaved last night and I am still smelling hints of rose once in a while. ;)

I alternate between Clubman and a Generic Aqua Velva. I like these better than witch hazel. They tend to condition the skin better, and I have no irritation when using them. Even if I do a three pass shave, do too many touch ups, and the face feels raw, before application.

Really like the skinfeel of the Club. I tend to tire of scents after a few hours, and the club can overstay its welcome a bit for me. Love it when it first goes on though.

I hope to/plan to try it at some point, but there are plenty of others ahead of it on the list (Lucky Tiger, Speick, sample arrays from Fine and Stirling, etc.).

Pinaud Clubman is the the best $3.50 for a 12 FL Oz that a person can spend. It is such a fresh scent that I bottled a few ounces in a travel squirt bottle and use it periodically throughout my day to keep the freshness on-going. You should also try the talc powder if you haven't already. You might try other things but I have a feeling that you will always come back home to Clubman.

I also really like Clubman. I've found that in addition to a nice scent and nice feeling skin, it is a good indicator if my technique was good that day. It burns far less (sometimes not at all) when I did a good job with my lather and technique.

I also really like Clubman. I've found that in addition to a nice scent and nice feeling skin, it is a good indicator if my technique was good that day. It burns far less (sometimes not at all) when I did a good job with my lather and technique.

Very true, unfortunately I sometimes do too much blade buffing to get no burn all the time, but the burn only lasts a few seconds and the face feel afterwards is well worth it.

Now, try some Pinaud Lilac Vegetal, and see if you are chosen!

A 12 oz bottle of Lilac Vegetal arrive for me in the mail today. It's scent is simply great. I also like the Clubman Pinaud maybe a bit better than the Lilac; but time will tell. It's my first day using the Lilac; but, I've gone through 2 bottles of the Clubman Pinaud. It keep me going back to clubman for my AS. It's great stuff. In the summer, I also like Clubman Osage Rub. It's scent is menthol when first applied, but it settles down to the classic clubman Talc scent after about 15 Min. It cools me off when I splash some on mid-day. And as an AS it burns and cools at the same time. It's perfect for the summer.

A 12 oz bottle of Lilac Vegetal arrive for me in the mail today. It's scent is simply great. I also like the Clubman Pinaud maybe a bit better than the Lilac; but time will tell. It's my first day using the Lilac; but, I've gone through 2 bottles of the Clubman Pinaud. It keep me going back to clubman for my AS. It's great stuff. In the summer, I also like Clubman Osage Rub. It's scent is menthol when first applied, but it settles down to the classic clubman Talc scent after about 15 Min. It cools me off when I splash some on mid-day. And as an AS it burns and cools at the same time. It's perfect for the summer.
Chosen!

I don't know why people say it is an "Old Man" scent, I find it to be a masculine classic scent.

Bingo. Old Men came from a day when men WERE men is perhaps a better way to look at it... When there were World Wars to fight and hard work was the only way you got by. :thumbup:

Clubman is arguably my all-time favorite. It's a toss-up between it and Aqua Velva ice blue.

Top Bottom