What's new

Freshly cut grass scent?

I was driving home from the gym yesterday morning with the sunroof open, and I caught a great whiff of freshly cut grass. I thought that would make a pleasing shaving soap scent. Can anyone recommend a soap that nails that familiar scent?

Hey Jay,
Penhaligon's English Fern, Mystic Water Poggio dei Pini , I am sure there are a few more, jus cant think of them. The only place recently that has the English Fern Soap was WCS, at least that is where purchased it, I have heard it was discontinued, but have no validation of that

The closest I've used is Stirling's Lampasas, although it's almost more of a hay-ish scent to it & is, I think, discontinued. If you can find one on the secondary market, it might be worth a shot.

I have not tried it myself but have been wanting to pick up the Saint Charles Shave Fairway soap/AS, which I've heard is a good fresh grass kind of scent.

Well, I guess for $12.75 for the Fairway Aftershave Splash and Shave Soap Set, which includes a 3 oz. shave soap and a matching 2 oz. (60ml) aftershave splash you cannot go too wrong. I am curious to see how I like them for my summertime shaves.

$FairwayASsplash200.jpg

Tim

Last edited:
Stirling Sharp Dressed Man, which is based on Green Irish Tweed, which smells just like fresh cut grass.

On a side note. I love Sharp Dressed Man. My wife loves Sharp Dressed Man. Good enough for me. Both of my teenagers swear I smell like carpet shampoo when I come out of the bathroom. Guess it's hats off to my wife for making our carpet smell like a $200 dollar bottle of EDT.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Saint Charles Shave's Fairway. Trust me on this one.

This is spectacular. Pair the soap and AS together.

If you order do not tell Wendy you want the grass scent......just trust me on that. :w00t:

Last edited:
Top Bottom