What's new

Speaking of oldschool

After watching a particular episode of Mad Men "Season 4 Episode 9", I realized that I too use a manual push lawn mower ( great workout right?)as well as DE shaving with vintage razors/new occasionally and own a house built in 1927. Haha I guess I need to drive old school as well.....I got a 3 year old Ford so possibly down the road. I must admit that my gas mower got stolen from my unattached garage so I purchased a used $12 dollar sharpen the blades one and rake up the clippings on my own kind of mower was in the budget. Does anyone else not exactly trying to be "GREEN " or just cost effective ie. no gas or oil just sweat use these? Thoughts?

Are you talking about a reel mower? If so, I like nostalgia, but the thought of mowing everything that I have to mow with one of those isn't something that I would relish. It takes me almost 2 hours to do it on a 52" commercial Exmark Z-turn!!

Apparently they're popular with the Amish. Also have a following here in Portland, OR where minds are green and property is small. I hear the new ones are far easier to push. I've got a condo so don't need a mower.

Scott

I tried one for awhile back in the 90s. It wasn't set up right, or whatever, but it wasn't worth the effort to me.

Top Bottom