What's new

Puma Gold

Jusr finished this one.

Very tarnished and pitted.

I cleaned her up th best I could giventhe thinness of the blade, had her re gold plated and the black reapplied.

Far from perfect but better

Beautiful, and much improved imo.

But I'm curious: it looks like the new gold wash is not has "rich" in color as the old wash. It almost looks a bit "washed out," so to speak, like the new Dovos. I would have assumed gold is gold, but . . . . Is this a matter of time in the plating bath (or whatever you call it)?

Not sure Larry, it might be the lighting between the pictures. There is no original gold left.

Here is the same picture-I just enhanced a bit on iPhoto.

In person it is Gold-Gold

I just noticed all of the "richer" pics of the old wash were taken with the razor laying down on the box. The new pics have the razor standing up (I'm sure because you cant resist showing off that excellent pinning, lol). Might be the angle/lighting, as you said.

I just noticed all of the "richer" pics of the old wash were taken with the razor laying down on the box. The new pics have the razor standing up (I'm sure because you cant resist showing off that excellent pinning, lol). Might be the angle/lighting, as you said.
Old pictures were the sellers.

On restores/rescales I look af the wedge fit (no gaps), peening (nice and even) and overall lines

Top Bottom