What's new

My solution for hanging a strop!

I purchased 3m command hooks and hung my strops. They are rated for two pounds of weight but I think they can take more than that!
$image.jpg
I have had no problems stropping attached to these hooks...

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 114
How much tension do you need for stropping? I should have my new strop and razor tomorrow "fingers crossed" and I have no way to support the other end of the strop yet. I am curious to know how that works out for you.

How much tension do you need for stropping? I should have my new strop and razor tomorrow "fingers crossed" and I have no way to support the other end of the strop yet. I am curious to know how that works out for you.

If you are worried that it won't hold you can try the large hooks, they are rated for 5lbs!

I would hate to be mid-stroke while stropping the razor and the adhesive give away or the hook breaking, and end up ruining my blade or ending up in the hospital with stitches.

I used those on oil paintings which are light. Once I tried to hang a water color which of course has the added glass. The 3m adhesive held great. But it tore the drywall outer paper. Normally not a tough repair but still a pain. So, don't pull too hard.

ooooo.. that scares me. I know they are rated at 2lb in a vertical direction, but putting tension on them from the side leaves very little adhesive to combat the lateral pull. Good luck, but be careful.

Looks good, but I don't think I would trust those. I vote for the towel rack which is more securely attached to the wall. Just my 2 cents. That might be good for display and ease of access, but I would take the selected strop and clip it into a more secure base for use.

That is a great idea and suggestion.

I used a large ring and put mine on a door hinge stop. Perfect height for me.

proxy.php

Top Bottom