What's new

Suggestions on 3" wide hanging strops at 30$-60$ range

"Also have scrupleworks strop that are close to 8cm but that one is slightly concave(perhaps perfect) and works fine".

Should have been:

Also have scrupleworks strop that are close to 8cm but that one is slightly convex(perhaps perfect) and works fine.

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
"Also have scrupleworks strop that are close to 8cm but that one is slightly concave(perhaps perfect) and works fine".

Should have been:

Also have scrupleworks strop that are close to 8cm but that one is slightly convex(perhaps perfect) and works fine.
I like the slight convex. Works fine with most people's slight "wobble/variations" while stropping and does not then cup which pretty is much an unusable condition unless corrected.

Yep. The OP asked where to get a quality 3" strop. He never asked which width was "best", so to me it seems like he knows what he wants.
Thank you! I already have a cheap 2.5 strop that does the job, it’s ok for a beginner strop and it does the x pattern well enough. I want a 3” strop even if the 2.5 is quote on quote better. I like the idea of having extra width and extra money isn’t an issue, I can still do x pattern on a 3” if I wanted 2. At least with a 3” I can experiment and do different things. At the end of the day I’m having fun learning how to straight razor shave, I don’t need to have all the answers right now, it’s a journey and I’m enjoying being able ti experience that here in badger & blade.

Top Bottom