What's new

Contemporary alternative to Coates Cream?

I've ordered a bunch of Coates Creams and I have to say - they are absolutely fantastic. I have a very heavy beard and the Coates provides a cushiony, slick, close shave with no irritation. I probably have enough tubes to last me at least a year, maybe more, but I was wondering if any contemporary available creams are good alternatives. I've tried Nivea, and it's good, but not nearly as good as Coates.

Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance.

CC

The only modern cream that I like a lot is T&H Ultimate Comfort. However, Coates IMHO is in a league of its own.

It looks like I really need to give Coates a try; T&H creams have been at the top of my list for the past few years.

Before Coate's was discontinued, it was part of a lineup of five English creams, which were seen as the standard-bearers in traditional shaving. In addition to Coate's, the others are Trumper, T&H, TOBS, and DRH. All of those brands' creams not only are made by the same manufacturer (Creighton's), but are comprised of the same base formula. No doubt people have their favorites among the brands, but in my experience, all of the Creighton's-made creams share similarities. I think any of them could be seen as reasonable alternatives to Coate's, at least as far as performance goes. Matching scent is obviously a different matter. Try a few, and you'll probably find one you like in short order.

Modern Trumper has the same ingredients word for word. The scents will be different but the preformed should be identical

Top Bottom