What's new

Ti Paste vs. Dovo White Paste

Can the TI or dovo paste be used on a daily basis? For ex. pre and post stropping. In addition, how are either of these two pastes applied?

I don't think the white TI paste can be used every day. I use it, but only for a quick touchup. I've been advised to do 5-10 laps.

The Dovo white is designed to fill in the weave on the cloth component of your strop. It is very lightly abrasive, helps tame an edge quite well. It can and should be used every day as far as I'm concerned.

I had used a plain canvas strop prior to using the Dovo white, and never could tell if it was helping, hurting, or just plain useless. After the Dovo white, I fell in love with the canvas. Much different effect than a chromox pasted strop. I can discern no visible difference before and after the Dovo white under the scope (I certainly can with chromox), but the feel during the shave is quite noticeable.

Basically, Dovo white is magic. Simple as that.

The Dovo white is designed to fill in the weave on the cloth component of your strop. It is very lightly abrasive, helps tame an edge quite well. It can and should be used every day as far as I'm concerned.

I had used a plain canvas strop prior to using the Dovo white, and never could tell if it was helping, hurting, or just plain useless. After the Dovo white, I fell in love with the canvas. Much different effect than a chromox pasted strop. I can discern no visible difference before and after the Dovo white under the scope (I certainly can with chromox), but the feel during the shave is quite noticeable.

Basically, Dovo white is magic. Simple as that.
Looks like I have to try the Dovo white on my cotton component now!

Get a couple or three tubes of it. You need alot, not a little, as in the case of chromox.

See here

You want to fill in the weave, and one tube will not do that.

Attachments

• $Strop pasted.jpg
    $Strop pasted.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 69
Top Bottom