What's new

Pelikan M1000 nib choice

I have scrimped and saved and now am ready to purchase a Pelikan M1000 for myself the decision is what nib I have a M800 with a 3OB and a M600 with a 2OB and truthfully the both seem to write about the same line width in straight lines it is only until I start hitting the curves that I start seeing any real difference. My question is to anybody that owns or has written with a M1000 what nib would you choose?

If your are purchasing a new M1000 you should know that Pelikan is no longer offering any nibs other than EF, F, M & B. No more BB, BBB, OB. You may find some old stock with the larger nibs but they no longer produce the larger nibs and there is no nib swap available from the US Distributor, Chartpak. I verified this with them today.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is the reason for me sort of pushing up the purchase of a M1000 is because Pelikan has at least IMHO lost their mind about dropping nib sizes past B and all Oblique nibs. I understand the expense of making and stocking 11 or 12 nib sizes compared to 4 nib sizes and some buyers may have abused the nib swap program. That being said purchasing a Pelikan pen is not the same as purchasing a Preppy either. The is on.

That's disappointing news! I did not realize that Pelikan had dropped the oblique nibs (for all pens??). They are my favourite nib choices!

I am usually a broad nib kind of guy, but i have had to order a medium replacement nib for my M1000. The broad is a real gusher.

Top Bottom