What's new

Cucumber Scents?

Thayer's cucumber Witch hazel really smells just like cucumber, and it is lovely. As you say, clean and fresh.

+1 on the TOBS avocado cream too. I used up a tub of this and enjoyed every bit of it. The scent is more cucumber than avocado, in my opinion.

+1 on the Thayers Cucumber WH..good product, and a nice refresh during the hot days ahead.

+1 on Thayer's Cucumber Witch Hazel. Does not have the typical witch hazel odor. Rather, it smells just like cucumber. Very soothing. My son uses it as his exclusive aftershave. I like it very much. Just bought another 12 oz bottle from Amazon, as an "Add On" item, for $7.96.

I found Thayer's Cucumber WH at a nearby GNC. They have other scents as well.

The soap commander motivation smells really nice and their soaps and after shave balms are top notch. Can't recommend them enough.

I just purchased TOBS avocado and it smells like cucumber. The scent is very light and refreshing and it produces a thick lather. You should try it!

I just purchased TOBS avocado and it smells like cucumber. The scent is very light and refreshing and it produces a thick lather. You should try it!

Ordered some last night along with some Cucumber Witch Hazel. Anxiously awaiting its arrival.

My order came in today, Yay Me. I can't believe how much TOBS Avocado smells like Cucumbers. I haven't used Witch Hazel since I was a teen trying to clear up acne. I did get the Thayers Cucumber WH. Should it be used as an astringent prior to shaving or as an After Shave? Looking forward to trying this combination out tomorrow morning.

mswofford

Rest in Peace
Cucumber scent is an appealing idea that I never thought of; That TOBS Avacado sounds like a good answer. Looking forward to your impressions.

I was late to work today, I got lost in the moment while I was shaving. First off, I am new to this, so I am going through the Newbie AD phase, I ordered every sampler pack of everything I could find except for blades. I am working though my Mama Bear Soaps, which smell awesome, but I am still learning how to properly get a good lather along with Dr. Jons which lathers good, but is limited in scents. So when I got to thinking about scents I thought would be good and clean and cooling Cucumber came to mind, not sure why.

When I opened the tub of TOBS Avacodo I did smell Cucumber, when I loaded the brush it easily lathered, easiest yet and I'm enjoying the aroma, slapped it on my face and the lather stayed strong and foamy, yay. Made my first pass, and the blade never drug, never skipped, smooth as silk, decided to re-lather and make another pass with the grain again, just to do it. Then a third against the grain and a forth across. Now most of the time I only make one pass, with the grain and call it quits. But today it was so enjoyable with no rash, no irritation, just a BBS. It was great.

Now came the part I was nervous about, beyond anything else. Rubbing some Cucumber WH on a freshly shaven face. My only experience with WH in the past was painful as a teenager. But today, it was enjoyable, no sting!!! Was contemplating another pass, then looked at the clock and I was already 5 minutes late for work.

Now I'm kinda looking forward to waking up earlier, just to have time to shave.

Thanks to all who recommended TOBS Avocado and Thayers Cucumber WH. I am confident this will be my go to, as soon as I work through some more samples, just so I can justify the expense I have already incurred during my learning curve. Then again, I may never touch those samples again, except for Dr. Jons Hydra.

Last edited:
I've got cucumber scented PAA shaving soap coming in the mail tomorrow! Looking forward to testing it out! Also, I'm going to look for Thayer's cucumber WH. Sounds great!

Should it be used as an astringent prior to shaving or as an After Shave?

From what I read on Thayer's website, I'm thinking only as a aftershave. They have several WHs described as a astringent, but they have alcohol in them, the cucumber version doesn't have alcohol. Plus I'm under the impression WH closes your pores, so you wouldn't want to do that prior to shaving.
Btw, I ordered the Thayer cucumber as well, looking forward to trying it.

From what I read on Thayer's website, I'm thinking only as a aftershave. They have several WHs described as a astringent, but they have alcohol in them, the cucumber version doesn't have alcohol. Plus I'm under the impression WH closes your pores, so you wouldn't want to do that prior to shaving.
Btw, I ordered the Thayer cucumber as well, looking forward to trying it.

I Used it after shaving and it worked great.

Just got PAA Cucumber soap this afternoon. Nice subtle cucumber scent. Lathers, cushions, and protects like a dream. An improvement, i believe, would be to add some menthol for a cool kick. However, their preshave menthol soap takes care of this nicely (I got that too).

Just get some Humphrey's Cucumber Melon Witch Hazel. It's not strongly cucumber scented but you should be using real cucumber because its great for your skin.

Top Bottom