What's new

Cucumber Scents?

Anybody know of any good cucumber scented shaving creams/soaps or aftershaves or balms? What's your opinion of them? I think they would smell clean and refreshing. Would I be wrong?

I've heard that the Taylor of Old Bond Street (TOBS) Avocado Cream is refreshing and often mistaken for cucumber. Never tried it myself, but have a TOBS sampler on the way!

Thayer's cucumber Witch hazel really smells just like cucumber, and it is lovely. As you say, clean and fresh.

+1 on the TOBS avocado cream too. I used up a tub of this and enjoyed every bit of it. The scent is more cucumber than avocado, in my opinion.

Humphrey's has a witch hazel that has cucumber and melon. The smell is quite mild. I use it mostly for the beneficial effects of the cucumber on the skin. If you have never tried it, you should get hold of some cucumber water or hydrosol, it makes a great aftershave

+1 for the TOBS Avocado, the scent is definitely more cucumber than avocado and is a very refreshing, clean scent. Performance is great as well.

proxy.php

Welcome to B&B

You've been recommended the ones you are looking for.

Drop into the Shave Wiki and read over some of the shaving articles. http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/ You will find a LOT of useful info in there.

If you have not already done so, stop into the Hall of Fame and tell everyone a little about yourself

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/forumdisplay.php/30-Hall-of-Fame

Nancy Boy Replenishing Shave Cream - Very good cucumber scented cream. My tub is almost all gone and I will be ordering another. It is good for those with sensitive skin as it has a lot of skin friendly ingredients, including "natural steam-distilled cucumber hydrosol which provides subtle fresh scent." NB also makes a Replenishing (cucumber) After Shave Gel.

There aren't a lot of cucumber scented soaps. You'd think there would be more available than there are.

Phoenix Artisan makes a cucumber soap that is excellent. Performance is on par with some of the very best soaps I've tried. It's strongly scented with a very clean fresh authentic cucumber scent. They usually only offer it in the summertime but I believe they will have more in stock in a couple weeks.

I really enjoy the soap as it's about the cleanest smelling soap that I own. It's not really a feminine scent as a floral would be and is something that I think would appeal to a lot of people regardless of gender. The Cucumber scent is present in a lot of products are often used at spas and places like that.

I think you'll really like it.

+1 on Thayer's Cucumber Witch Hazel. Does not have the typical witch hazel odor. Rather, it smells just like cucumber. Very soothing. My son uses it as his exclusive aftershave. I like it very much. Just bought another 12 oz bottle from Amazon, as an "Add On" item, for $7.96.

Nancy Boy Replenishing Shave Cream - Very good cucumber scented cream. My tub is almost all gone and I will be ordering another. It is good for those with sensitive skin as it has a lot of skin friendly ingredients, including "natural steam-distilled cucumber hydrosol which provides subtle fresh scent." NB also makes a Replenishing (cucumber) After Shave Gel.

This!

The entire Nancy Boy product line rocks, join their mailing list to get the discount and load up.

I've heard that the Taylor of Old Bond Street (TOBS) Avocado Cream is refreshing and often mistaken for cucumber. Never tried it myself, but have a TOBS sampler on the way!

Yes, I agree that the Avocado has a cucumber angle, but even if not, I think someone looking for a cucumber scent would like this similar one as well. I really enjoy it.

Top Bottom