What's new

Looking at getting into brush making.

Hey guys, I'm looking at getting into brush making and designing as something to do on the side when I'm not insanely busy with work, I was an engineering, product design and graphic design student. So I've got expirence working not only on designing, but with raw materials such as wood, metal, and acrylic. I actually work in Motorsport's now and have access to a rather large supply of tooling and such, but what I wanted to know is how would be best to get into it? And where would it be possible to get the parts (knots and such) preferably in the UK?

Thanks guys!
Dan

You can order in bulk from Alixpress stores that sell knots, but you may just want to buy some individual knots first and try them out with handles you have made.

I guess the tools would depend on what you use for handle material. Small tabletop lathes and a drill press and sanding belt or polishing wheels would likely be useful for working with wood or resin. I am no expert - I just drill, grind, sand, polish and glue. There are some craftsmen on here though that do custom work that probably could answer more knowledgeably.

Good luck starting off - please post pics of your results.

I've got access to pretty much all the tools I could really need, lathe, Miller, drill press, sanders, grinders, cutters and a massive amount of others, just need to buy some wood turning tools and then also do more research into molding latex and resin designs :)

Top Bottom