What's new

My first Parker.

$10 at a "Vintage" store in Freemont. It needs the pump rebuilt, but overall nice shape. What ink would people in the know recommend?

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 66

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Wow, nice find! Should be a date code there on the barrel next to the Made in USA imprint. I'm gonna guess '46

Congrats, what a steal.

$10 at a "Vintage" store in Freemont. It needs the pump rebuilt, but overall nice shape. What ink would people in the know recommend?
Defintely an excellent find at a great price. Once it's rebuilt, I would just stay away from highly-saturated inks (some Noodlers and Private Reserve). Parker, Sheaffer, Waterman, Lamy, Pilot, Pelikan, Diamine inks are all generally "safe" and shouldn't cause any staining.

I wouldn't recommend any ink in it yet...send it to Danny Fudge to be rebuilt, and then use one of the inks that Larry suggested above:thumbup1:

Yup rebuild will be first thing done, even then I have second thoughts about using it.
Wrong thoughts. Pens, much like razors, should be used. Your pen, although a beauty, is not a museum piece. Get it fixed up and use it to your heart's content. You may wear it out in 50 or 60 years if you're rough on your tools. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom