What's new

I really, really like Krona Razors

It might be my favorite, non-adjustable razor. It does give a good shave, and the long handle is well-balanced for its head. I prefer TTOs over three piece razors, and only the Slim and the Fatboy are clearly better for me than the Krona.

I like it a lot, I picked it up at a garage sale an older gentleman was having, he was in his 90s. He didn't have it out so I asked if he had any old razors, he said hold on went inside and came out with a Schick Krona, just the word schick on one of the doors. I asked how much and he said couple bucks. It is a razor that I use a lot, nice smooth shave and never any nicks.

I shave with a Krona may 95 percent of the time. I shave at least 6 days a week and the krona is the most forgiving for me. It can take any blade for my face, from Derby to Feathers.
It is definitely not the razor of royalty with all the plastic, but it works great for me.
I have 5 or 6, so I figure I have a lifetime supply of Kronas if they start to crack or degrade due to the plastic.
Shave on!

I think everyone should have one... and the recent prices at everyone's favorite auction seems to show an increased interest in these... I paid about $10 shipped 2 years and now looks like average price of ~$20. To me these and the knack are the 2 most under rated vintage DEs out there.

I love the Krona. If I had to pick just one DE razor for life it would be the Krona. Like others said it just doesn't look as sexy at the all metal razors and Gillette made a lot of different models of DEs. If I could pick two DE's for life it would be a Krona and a super adjustable.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I prefer lighter razors such as the Krona over heavier ones. they seem more nimble and easier to control their movement about the face when shaving.

I too like the Krona, if you want a similar shave experience with a Gillette try a Starburst handle Lady Gillette.

The Krona used to be one of my favorite razors and is still a very comfortable, non-irritating razor, but, it's too mild for my tastes. It is very forgiving of using too much pressure where a more aggressive razor would cause some bleeding, however, it doesn't shave close enough for my tastes.

Top Bottom