What's new

Favorite Mug or Bowl for under $20

I just use the bowl I got with my VDH premium set with the soap melted in it. I am almost done with the first bar of soap. It works, just add water and stir.

Utilemud, on Etsy, has great bowls and mugs. No affil., just satisfied customer. I've got a red/lavender bowl I use daily. 6" dia, 4" high, perfect for bowl lathering, nice bright colors.

Old Spice mugs, Seaforth mugs, dollar store or WalMart salsa bowls, thrift store bowls or coffee mugs. The possibilities are literally endless.

2 wide shave bowls with handles at thrift shop, $.50 each Blue thrown lather bowl $15, Black wide mouth old spice mug , Red walmart salsa bowl $1,

The perfect bowl is the one that costs a nickel!
$20150122_084443.jpg

While I really like face lathering Arko Stick, for soaps I like an Old Spice Mug (front left) and for creams a salsa/dip bowl (rear right).
$Lathering & Loading Bowls.jpg
The others pictured are for when I opt for warm lather.

i have 2 mugs one very old one that my dad had that ive never used,and just an old one with a fat handle that works great..i have 2 bowls..the mahogany one that holds my cedar sandalwood puck,and one i picked up a long time ago that i originally used to throw spare pocket change in,that ive been using with a different puck...i got it cause i liked the color cobalt blue...

None. I'm a Face-Latherer.

While mugs and bowls and scuttles are pretty to look at it and make fine collectibles, I find that they are more trouble than they are worth in the shave den. I used a bowl for the first year or so of wet-shaving, but once I made the switch to Face-Lathering (thank you, Semgoue 1305!) there was no looking back.

My old bowl, part of a VdH kit, now holds my dentures when they soak overnight.

Top Bottom