What's new

6+ years of inventory

I have just enough software and hardware to last the rest of my life. (Assuming that I live my planned 147 years)

I really don't want to hoard stuff, so I was struck with the awful realization that *even if* I make sure to offload stuff if I buy anything else in the next 6 years, I probably won't live to try all the soaps worth trying.

It's a sobering thought.

PS - I'm 54!

You need to start working out, my friend. Think of all those soaps as a reason to live :001_smile

I think I calculated a full completion date of current stock of 2025, assuming I buy nothing else for the next 10 years.

LOL....I've fallen into the same trap.

I have 100 Personna blades I'm working through
I have 200 Astra blades in storage
I have 200 Derby blades in storage
I have 200 Super Max Platinum blades in storage
I have one small package of Sharks (that came with a Gillette Slim I bought).

Yesterday I was browsing eBay and ran across a sale for 1,000 Derby blades for less than 7 cents each so I bought them...because they were less than 7 cents each.

So in short, I have about 1,700 blades laying around the house. If I use one blade every three days, that works out to 5,100 days of shaving...or about 14 years in just razor blades. I think that works out to about 729 weeks covered.

I used to go through about one cartridge shave a week at $6.

729 weeks x $6 per cartridge = $4,374 in total costs for cartridges.
5,100 days of shaving /3 days per blade *.07 = $119 in total costs for blades

At this point I'm making money. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Well I just picked up 3 VDH deluxe soaps for a total of 4 and I have the one that is almost gone that I melted down in the bowl. I think I am set for awhile. This first puck lasted me close to 3 months now and I've been very wasteful with it with trying to practice on building a proper lather and general lathering techniques im pretty wasteful. We'll see how long the 2nd one lasts, wouldn't surprise me if these 4 last me all year.

I have the complete line of Proraso (white, green, red, blue and white) in the tub and in cream.
plus 1 1/2 kg of cella, all the line of PannaCrema and few other soaps. If my 2y old son (I hope not my daughter) want to join my drawer I have also around 200 blades and five razors. And many other soaps like Mwf, TOBS, virgulte hande and Muhle.
i think I can last until my boy become an adult...

Well, only for soaps/creams:

30 soaps of C&S O&C;
18 Valobra hard soap pucks,
8 Trumper soaps;
8 Penhaligon soaps;
16 Haslinger soaps;
18 La Toja shave sticks;
Some Tabac;
Some MdC;
Some SMN;
Some other stuff I cannot remember off the top of my head.

I'm 34 - overall guess at the current rate: 50 years or something? :blushing:

30 soaps of C&S O&C;
8 Trumper soaps;
8 Penhaligon soaps;
16 Haslinger soaps;
18 La Toja shave sticks;
Some Tabac;
Some MdC;
Some SMN;

Well done! :thumbup1:

30 soaps of C&S O&C;
8 Trumper soaps;
8 Penhaligon soaps;
16 Haslinger soaps;
18 La Toja shave sticks;
Some Tabac;
Some MdC;
Some SMN;

Man that's some haul! What jumps out at me is 18 La Toja sticks. I'm quite sure that that's more than a typical retailer in Spain would have on the shelf. Congratulations!

Here's a guy who probably uses 2oz per shave, if not more. See the 19 second mark

It looks like he's not even using water to make lather.

haha, oh my goodness. of course they want you to use that much. Man you'd go through a pot a week at that rate. A spoonful of cream.

Last edited by a moderator:

30 soaps of C&S O&C;
8 Trumper soaps;
8 Penhaligon soaps;
16 Haslinger soaps;
18 La Toja shave sticks;
Some Tabac;
Some MdC;
Some SMN;

Oh wow! Why so many pucks of the same thing(Valobra, La Toja). It's just one scent right? I think the only time I have repeats is either if it's a good deal or I have to get the thing in bulk.

I turn 60 this week. I have enough soap to last me for the rest of my natural life and well into the afterlife.

I hope I am reincarnated into an animal that needs to shave.:lol:

I'm guessing that Heaven for guys like us will be a place where we get to shave, not have to shave.

Seriously OP, follow Jarick's advice and join us 3017'ers. Use it all up and babble on pleasantly about it with like-minded soap acquirers.

Oh wow! Why so many pucks of the same thing(Valobra, La Toja). It's just one scent right? I think the only time I have repeats is either if it's a good deal or I have to get the thing in bulk.

Shaveapocalypse! :lol:

The Pen soaps are tallow-based versions, which have been discontinued a couple of months after I bought them. Mainly I buy in bulck to avoid or minimize shipping costs. I know it is nonsense.

I completely empathize!

Attachments

• $WP_20141228_20_34_51_Pro.jpg
    $WP_20141228_20_34_51_Pro.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 26
Top Bottom