What's new

6+ years of inventory

Something doesn't sound right here, that seems like a lot of product per shave. You use 2 oz. of cream per shave?! A large tube of C.O. Bigelow is less than 6 oz. You should be able to get a lot more than 3 shaves out of a tube.

He's gotta mean grams.

My inventory is at about 1kg of various creams, and 800g of soap, based on label size, since I have been using them very slowly over the past year.

Last edited:
Something doesn't sound right here, that seems like a lot of product per shave. You use 2 oz. of cream per shave?! A large tube of C.O. Bigelow is less than 6 oz. You should be able to get a lot more than 3 shaves out of a tube.

Good catch! Gig103 was right, I mean grams.

Here's a guy who probably uses 2oz per shave, if not more. See the 19 second mark

It looks like he's not even using water to make lather.

Last edited by a moderator:
My biggest stockpile is blades which will last me about 10 years. My creams and aftershaves will probably last 3-4 years. I've been stepping up use of aftershave to multiple times per day to start using that a little more quickly. I may have to start a 4 shaves and out policy with blades to use them up a little more quickly. I've settled on a 4-razor rotation and have no desire to try or acquire any more. I have 1 brush and have no desire to acquire any more. I'd eventually like to settle on 1 or 2 creams and 2 or 3 aftershaves. I've found several products in each category that I'm really happy with so I no longer feel the need to buy and try other products so I don't see myself buying any more shaving products for many years.

Here's a guy who probably uses 2oz per shave, if not more. See the 19 second mark

That's a lot of product for a single shave! I don't think he even lathered, it looks like he's shaving with straight soap! (Using a damp brush) Why bother with the brush, he could just smear it directly on his face!

This thread is my nightmare. 30 +/- soaps and creams, in rotation, after rejecting a bunch, mainly samples, I'm happy to say. But it could be so much worse: I have and use and and am very content with one razor, one brush, and one bowl. So the soap-buying isn't all that bad. I am in the handcuffs of a three-month restraint, but I love the variety and see no need to change. No need to stock up on any more. Aftershaves… aw, no, another real problem.

I counted 18 pucks that are, on average, about half finished, eight that have a good 90% remaining and three still boxed up. I'd guess they should last me about eight years. I have around 1000 blades, so I shouldn't need more for 14 years. Luckily, as stated in my signature quote, I plan on trying many more when done with those.

Just do what I did and tell your wife to make sure that when I die she sells all of the items for what they're actually worth and not what I told her I paid for them.

I am just a Rank Amateur! Well not quite, I admit to having a few years supply of blades and enough Arko to last all of that (darn those 12 stick deals) But I don't really buy stuff anymore, I just don't see the point. I kind of like knowing what I am going to shave with every morning.

I recently organized everything involved with my affliction. Wow! ***? There is no way I would let anyone know about my bizarre fetish. Creams, croaps, cans, soaps on ropes, aftershaves, perfumes. But, giving this stuff away would be hard; kind of like someone asking which one of your kids you love most. I would pif a ton of it away but the shipping costs would make it way too expensive. I have really not had anything that was so crappy I couldn't get a good shave from after a few tries., At this stage of the game for me it has come down to splitting hairs on product differences; not necessarily better or worse but different.

I am on hiatus from any more purchases at all until I use it or donate it. My ultimate goal is to end up with four or five soaps and creams along with a few razors and a couple of brushes. I am working on the elimination of a lot of the kids I don't love so much, its maybe not a true 3017, but the goal of this and that is ultimately the same; use or loose product. I long for simplicity in my routine an over abundance of choices is not always the best thing for me. I am now shifting my focus to the ritual; like a Japanese tea ceremony'ish type thing. Too much stuff. I have bought the latest and greatest only to find out that is not really any better than numerous others, mainly different. I haven't found the cream or soap that has the scent of baby unicorn's breath after it ate a rainbow.

I shaved for the past 25 years with a can of Noxzema, a ratty *** Burma shave brush and a couple of razors. I was happy. I never had any real shaving issues that plague some people.

Its fun, I like it, I enjoy it; I'm not quitting; just changing my focus.

This all got started when I went to Walgreens to buy a safety razor...............

I turn 60 this week. I have enough soap to last me for the rest of my natural life and well into the afterlife.

I hope I am reincarnated into an animal that needs to shave.:lol:

I turn 60 this week. I have enough soap to last me for the rest of my natural life and well into the afterlife.

I hope I am reincarnated into an animal that needs to shave.:lol:

So a poodle? :lol:

With me I have 1 spare VDH deluxe soap and I am almost out of the one that came with my VDH premium kit. Though I probably head to work early and stop by a nearby CVS and stock up on that soap today, it's $2 there and $3 at the local stores near my house. So I will probably end up with a years worth sometime later today. It's the only soap I've used yet as my only exposure is that VDH premium kit.

I have 17 years worth of just Williams in my den (half vintage). The rest of my soaps total about the same amount, maybe a bit more.

Gosh that's shady - anyone who buys this stuff and then goes home to watch this video is going to have a bad shave and waste a lot of money. They'll say "wet shaving isn't worth it". :cursing:

Top Bottom