What's new

The rumors are true.

Our RazoRock / Captain's Choice bay rum shaving soap has been discontinued. Joe (RazoRock) has been a retailer of ours for some time now via Italian Barber and although not cheered by the news does understand with how we are proceeding.

Despite its popularity we had a good deal of feedback from our retailers that we should have our own branded soap. They said it only made sense that our shaving soap would be a Captain's Choice product rather than a partnership. I thought they had a good point and it set up our (soon to be released) bay rum soap to match our line of aftershaves and our line of lather bowls.

I would be interested to hear what you think of our decision from the standpoint of our Captain's Choice brand. Tell me what you think!

proxy.php

Scott I have yet to try the soap but if it's anything like your a/s I'm sure you'll have a winner no matter which way you go.

So will you be making this in house or having someone else make it with your label on it. Just curious as I love your AS and shaving bowl. Can't wait to try the new product.

Best of luck - part of me is worried because Razorock soap has one of the best bases I've ever experienced… that's a tough act to follow for sure. That being said, you are definitely up for the challenge and if it's anything like your aftershaves, I suspect your soap will be a winner!

I can understand the decision from an entirely product branding standpoint. But like others have said it's going to be hard to match the RR base.

I really enjoy your aftershaves, and look forward to whipping up a batch of your soap when it is available. Hopefully it lives up to the quality we expect from the Captain.

So will you be making this in house or having someone else make it with your label on it. Just curious as I love your AS and shaving bowl. Can't wait to try the new product.

Ah! Should have mentioned this at the outset. I'll not be making the new shaving soap myself any more than Joe and I made the RR/CC soap.:biggrin1:

Likewise, throwing pottery on a wheel is not my thing so our unique Captain's Choice lather bowls are manufactured by someone in the business many decades. The development of our lather bowl went through several prototypes before we arrived at our settled design and has become very popular. You would be surprised at how many we ship out of the country. So the lather bowl is our design made by a potter of our choosing. Likewise the new bay rum shaving soap is made by a professional to our specifications - slickness, cushioning, lathering ability, strength of scent, etc. What makes it uniquely ours is the proprietary Captain's Choice bay rum concentrate.

The volunteers who tested this new shaving soap were picked because they were already using the RR/CC original shaving soap AND they had our bay rum aftershave standing by. I wanted them to try this new formulation right next to the RR/CC soap. To a man all of them remarked that the new one is every bit the equal of the original and they raved that the scent in the soap was dead on with the aftershave. About 15% of the guys actually preferred this new formulation over the original. They weren't able to define exactly why but expressed a "slight preference" for it.

So here is an offer. If any of you do want to try our new shaving soap I do have enough for a few samples. If you want one simply email me your address with your request at: [email protected]

But I only have enough for a few samples so don't put it out on the internet or anything. :laugh:

Top Bottom