What's new

Does anyone know if this is a genuine Feather razor?

Mike H

Instagram Famous
I have the folding version, it is similar to the AC, but I do not like it as much as the CJB or AC.

Here is a quick photo comparison: Vintage Feather(black), Feather AC (gray), and CJB (white).

$IMG_7360.jpg

$IMG_7361.jpg

$IMG_7362.jpg

$IMG_7363.jpg

The CJB started life as a non folder, but I removed the rubber handle, and there was a pivot hole already in it. I just made some scales for it.

I purchased the Sam Seong to see if I would enjoy a Kamisori & I really do like it. The problem with mine is that the plastic slider that is supposed to keep the blade tight slowly works it way back making the blade loosen up as I am shaving. I took it apart to see if I could fix it with no success so I use a small piece of tooth pick to wedge in there and it works. Even with the small problem I have zero regrets I bought the razor.

And then this is the higher class version of the original feather (I just received it over the weekend and shaved with it last night.

$s-l140.jpg

I have the folding version, it is similar to the AC, but I do not like it as much as the CJB or AC.

Here is a quick photo comparison: Vintage Feather(black), Feather AC (gray), and CJB (white).

View attachment 539210

View attachment 539211

View attachment 539212

View attachment 539213

The CJB started life as a non folder, but I removed the rubber handle, and there was a pivot hole already in it. I just made some scales for it.

Sorry, I downloaded this from ebay and didn't realize it would come out so small. It is a Feather that is probably a generation up from your black one, but a generation before your grey one as it has the slide lock on top and (like the high end Feather DX) it has wood scales.

Top Bottom