What's new

The Speakeasy Acquisitions - 2015

Redemption Barrel Proof Rye (122.0 proof)
Sazerac Rye
Blanton's Single Barrel Select (selected by Brown Derby)

Booker's (bottled June 2014 - 127.7 proof). Wrestling with whether I break the seal tonight or not....
EDIT: It's open!

Last edited:
Stopped by the liquor store after work to get me a treat. Got two more days of work till Spring Break.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426764949.304729.jpg

Good stuff Andrew. I've never had a bottle of either, but they were quite good when I tried them.

I've actually never tried the Hakushu but I am a huge fan of the Yamazaki. I have the Taketsuru 17 year that I'm just waiting for the right occasion to open.

I could not find these glasses in South Austin anywhere. So, I just ordered two directly from the Guinness website. Love em.

View attachment 563798
Funny, Last weekend I bribed a local restaurant to let me walk home with a pair. :=) My wife was laughing as I was sweet talking the waitress. She said "I knew you were going to ask for that as soon as i saw it." I think she thought they were pretty nice as well.

ON topic grabbed a bottle of Laphroaig 18 and a Ron Zacapa 23 to sip on as the sun slowly heads our way.

In the past week I've been on a bit of a tear. Trip to NY where I bought some stuff I can't find here, and then I got a jump on a shipment of tough to find stuff. Need to take a sabbatical after this.
Weller Special Reserve
Rittenhouse Rye
Col. EH Taylor Barrel Proof
Elmer T. Lee
Sazerac 6

I bought bird dog maple flavored whiskey, which is surprisingly delicious for what I paid for it, and a 5 liter mini keg of Newcastle for my graduation party!

A big party order of various wines and beers and a bottle of Old Pulteney 12 that mysteriously attached itself to my trolley.

A big party order of various wines and beers and a bottle of Old Pulteney 12 that mysteriously attached itself to my trolley.
isn't it strange when that happens? Like when I order something on amazon and 3 other things end up going in the cart... [emoji6]

Top Bottom