What's new

Shoe advice

Hi

Sorry if this is not appropriate for this sub.

I am a uni student, currently cycling into uni most days and walking around a lot on campus and in general where I live. Have been using karrimor summit trainers for a number of years, however now currently trashing the heels (non-replaceable) within 3-4 months.

Also looking at smartening up a bit, when I graduate in 6 months I will be moving to a research PhD position.

Any advice on an appropriate shoe would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
My advice. Buy two pair of shoes.
First pair for your bike and second for when you get to school or wherever. I am not a bike kind of guy so I really can’t say what is best for such activity.
If you want some smart footwear when you get there, that will last ages and can be re-soled I would go for Allen Edmonds or Red Wing heritage. If you are going to be on your feet a lot maybe lean towards the Red Wing Iron rangers or Beckman boots. But general smart footwear you can never go wrong with any Allen Edmond shoe. They will last for ages.
Hope that helps
Johnny

My advice. Buy two pair of shoes.
First pair for your bike and second for when you get to school or wherever. I am not a bike kind of guy so I really can’t say what is best for such activity.
If you want some smart footwear when you get there, that will last ages and can be re-soled I would go for Allen Edmonds or Red Wing heritage. If you are going to be on your feet a lot maybe lean towards the Red Wing Iron rangers or Beckman boots. But general smart footwear you can never go wrong with any Allen Edmond shoe. They will last for ages.
Hope that helps
Johnny

I agree with the Allen Edmond recommendation. I have been a pharmacist for 48 years now and have worn them probably 3/4 of that time or more. They are not the most comfortable things when you first put a new pair on, but once they mold to your foot, they are hard to beat. I find them more comfortable than the shoes with soft innersoles and soft outersoles

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Your reference to "uni" makes me think you are in Australia.

If so (or even not) you may want to check out R.M Williams ... see if your budget can stretch to one of their boots!

Top Bottom