What's new

Cole Haan Shoe Restoration

Did you take pictures of the accessories? I am deciding on what service to choose and wanted to know the quality of the accessories. Medal shoe horn? quality of the shoe bags? ect.. ect..

The accessories are nothing to write home about. Plastic shoe horn, fairly generic polish, shoe bags that feel a bit coarse to the touch (nothing like Alden or AE flannel bags) and standard issue shoe trees.

Aaaaaaaaaand they're back. They look just as good as they did the first time they came back. I gave the heels a good twist to see how well affixed they were and they seem solid. The sole is firmly attached again at the point where it was separating. I'll wear them tomorrow and see how they hold up. Cross your fingers.

This repair is going to be a fail as well. I can already see the right heel starting to separate, and I've been wearing them for 75 minutes. :thumbdown

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
This repair is going to be a fail as well. I can already see the right heel starting to separate, and I've been wearing them for 75 minutes. :thumbdown

:eek:

Are you sure you are putting them on correct foot? :wink:

Pics when you get a chance, if you can.

It appears that CH doesn't know how re-craft the stress points.

:eek:

Are you sure you are putting them on correct foot? :wink:

Who, me? :letterk1:

Right Heel after about 4 hours of wear and 1 hour of walking
$photo.jpg

Same heel, pressing the heel against the sole.

$photo1.jpg

Please note the (currently) small gap in the first picture, compared to how it looks flush in the second.

And yes, I may be quibbling, but given my experience and how the first repair failed after two wearings, wouldn't you?

Unlike the first time around, this repair seems to be holding up. I have three wearings under my belt with them, and that slight heel gap I see in the pic above has not gotten worse. Time will tell the durability of the job, but I will chalk this refurbishment job up as done.

When this one wears out, I will not be going back to Cole Haan, and will use B. Nelson instead.

Honestly, when those wear out I would move on to another manufacturer like Alden, AE, or Carmina. They're a little more expensive but you get a much better made shoe. I had so many bad experience with Cole Haan that I had to move up to a better made shoe and I'm glad I did. It will actually save you money in the long run.

Honestly, when those wear out I would move on to another manufacturer like Alden, AE, or Carmina. They're a little more expensive but you get a much better made shoe. I had so many bad experience with Cole Haan that I had to move up to a better made shoe and I'm glad I did. It will actually save you money in the long run.

Trust me, I've already moved on. I like these shoes a lot, and the upper/vamp/whatever it's called is in great shape. They are also the most comfortable pair of shoes I own, so I'm inclined to keep them up until they don't work anymore.

Trust me, I've already moved on. I like these shoes a lot, and the upper/vamp/whatever it's called is in great shape. They are also the most comfortable pair of shoes I own, so I'm inclined to keep them up until they don't work anymore.

Yeah, I have a couple pairs of cole haan's that I continue to wear because they are so comfortable and will continue to wear until that disintegrate.

Top Bottom