What's new

Need suggestion for new shaving cream.

I currently use Taylor Old Bond Street Sandalwood basically exclusively. I've tried Proraso White and Green as well, but always go back to TOBS Sandalwood. I have fairly coarse growth and if I only shave every other day so I don't get too much razor burn (although it's been much better since I started DE shaving).

So I like a rich lather, which is what TOBS provides me.

Any suggestions on a great shaving creams?

Thanks

There are plenty.

The Cyril Salters creams are good. GFT Violet is good, and smells great. If you want to go a bit more expensive, Castle Forbes makes excellent creams, as well as Santa Maria Novella. And of course my personal favorite, Penhalingon's Blenheim Bouquet.

If you want to go the soft soap route, Maggards, Catie's Bubbles and Razorock are all excellent.

I like the TOBS sandalwood as well, being one of my first creams. I was going to suggest prorasso red, but you may have already worn out prorasso for yourself.
I'm a soap guy now, but I do really like Godrej Lime Cream. Really nice.

I'm a soap guy too but razorock sandalwood sensitive skin smells pretty similar. I find it to be more subtle than tobs (kind of overpowering for me). But for around 8 bucks a puck it's fantastic.

Thanks for all of the responses. I've decided to give Geo F Trumpers Violet a try. Had great reviews on here and on Amazon. I'll see if it holds up against TOBS.

I've been wondering about this, too, so when I learned about Maggard's "build your own sampler" I jumped for it. The choices appear to include most of the ones mentioned here, the 3Ts, Dr Hills, etc. Select 12 in various scents for about $1.50 to $3.50 each. I can't wait to start working my way through them tomorrow.

Top Bottom