What's new

Old Habits

I love reading this forum but never post here. So I enjoy good, fresh roasted and made coffee, but until recently I discovered medium bodied coffees are tasty when done right. While mentally the flavors register, I grew up on bold, dark roasts as the only good coffee. So even when I drink the nicest coffees, something seems missing if they don't taste a little burned up haha. Anybody else break free of the habit shackles? How?

I know what you mean, I used to think that Starbucks' over-roasted beans were the pinnacle of great coffee (don't get me wrong I still enjoy some Starbucks from time to time). But after discovering a local roaster my taste buds have been opened to the broader world of coffee. The first bag I bought from this guy was the Blue & White blend he makes. I opened up the bag on the way home and I was blown away by how much it smelled like straight up berries! Admittedly it took me a few cups to get used to the lack of harshness that I was so used to with Starbucks. But now I am loving trying beans from both local roasters and higher end macro roasters like Peet's (which just recently became available at my local Kroger).

Also, I typically use an Aeropress when I want a "fancy" cup of coffee (usually my first cup). But I will fully admit that I sometimes use the Keurig and K-Cups when I'm in a rush. :laugh:

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
For me all it took was an order of Tanzania Peaberry and Ethiopian Yirgachaffe and a Chemex.
my oh my

Top Bottom