What's new

East Coast Canadian Pass-around Box

Hey all, finally got the time to sit down and get these threads going and started, which means the boxes will begin officially moving by December 3rd. From the feedback I saw on the original thread about the rules, we will not be adding more people to the list until it has made its way to the end of its destination. The Rules will be included in this post, along with a list of the current items and pictures for you all to enjoy. The list of members will be at the bottom of the thread.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Canadian Pass Around Box Rules and Regulations

Time with Box:
- The Box, will be passed down the preset list we have determined which will be included in the first post of each coasts respected thread.
- Each member will have a week, full 7 days, with the box starting when it first arrives by post. It is each member’s duty as part of the team to report on the coast thread the box belongs to when it arrives and its contents along with a picture of everything inside.
- During your week with the box, it is strongly encouraged to review the items you use day by day on the coast thread. Tell us what you liked and disliked half the fun is hearing about your experience.
- When your week is up, you can swap out any item you enjoyed for one from your own den. Whatever items you decide to take you must make the utmost attempt to replace them with items of equivalent value so we don’t end up with a box full of stuff nobody wants.
- When you send the box, it is your responsibility to contact the next in line to receive their shipping information. We understand life is busy and you may need a day or two to get it shipped out but PLEASE try to get it done ASAP.
- When you send the box out, you MUST post the tracking number on the coast thread so we can all keep track of its progress.
- When you receive the box, immediately PM the next in line for there mailing address to facilitate and streamline the process.

Using Items in the Box:
- This is a disclaimer; if you decide to use any of the included items do so at your own risk. You are responsible for cleaning any hardware used, any soaps/software you decide to use do so in a sanitary manner. With soaps or creams, scrape or chip content out as too preserve and maintain its viability for the hypochondriacs out there.
- If you do decide to take a soap/cream you must, as with hardware, replace it with a software (New would be preferable).
- All items will be leaving each respective coast cleaned and disinfected, it becomes your responsibility from there on out to keep it that way.
- Feel free to add anything you want to the box when you get it. Although you do not have to swap out anything you can contribute to the box if you feel like being generous.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On to the goods!

First Canadian Shave Company
Barrie Bay Rum - 7 samples
Naked Truth Unscented - 4 large
Loretto Lime and Rosemary - 12 samples
Hot Summer Lavender - 10 samples
South Simcoe Sandlewood - 10 samples

Fendrihan Sandlewood & Lavender sample
Ogallala Bay Rum, Limes & Peppercorns sample
Ogallala Bay Rum & Sweet Orange sample

Barrister & Mann Leviathan
Williams Mug
Van Der Hagen
Palmolive shave stick

Creams
GFT Limes (sample)
TOBS Rose (sample)
TOBS Avocado (sample)
TOBS Eton College (sample)
TOBS Lavender (sample)

Razorock Fresco
Stone Fox Black Tie
Sailor Bup's Lime
The Real Shaving Co.

Proraso White Pre-Shave
The Legends London Alum matchsticks (4 packs)

Gillette After Shave Lotion
Razorock Tight Buns AS
Proraso Green AS
Captains Choice CO9T AS
Clubman Bay Rum sample

D.R. Harris Bay Rum Hair Lotion

Czech & Speake Paradisi Sample
Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge Sample
Czech & Speake Cuba decant
4711 decant

Edwin Jagger DE89L
Parker 99r
Gem SE

Vulfix Boar brush

Astra superior platinum blade
Astra superior stainless blade
Derby blades
Personna red
Feather Hi-Stainless
Gem Blue Star

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for the list:

Khory93 -Dartmouth, NS
Winchester38 -NS
Luc -Montreal, QC
Comet -Montreal QC
Ulricus -ON
canphan -Ottawa, ON
Snidely -Ottawa, ON
royal52 -Ottawa, ON
SteveTheCanuck -Oshawa, ON
Pepin -Niagara Falls, ON
imcndn -Hamilton, ON
i_dont_bite - Toronto, ON
skip -Toronto, ON
stovepipe699 -MB
dewbler -Sk
alexmc545 -Edmonton, AB
arekkusu -Edmonton, AB
Roughneck12 -AB
Roderick -Grande Prairie, AB
Nick_O Fort St. John, BC
eljedo -Victoria, BC
pbnj -Victoria, BC
NRAM -Maple Ridge, BC
jefhunter -Vancouver, BC
well_nuc -Vancouver, BC
Purplemonkey -Vancouver, BC

(NOTE: I did not include anyone who did not, to my knowledge, contribute. If you did and I did not include you please PM me and I will address the issue. If you are on the list and you did not contribute, well it would be one of those moments where you don't speak out I suppose.)

That will be the order we will be following for the West Coast Box. I spoke with Purplemonkey and we will be only have the box for three days from now which will be mainly time to get the boxes packed up and shipped out. During the three days, we will do as everyone else will and give our review of the products sampled.

I'm happy you all entrusted me to get this going, this place has been a joy to be a part of and I've experienced nothing but the most kind and warm-hearted interactions with every person I've dealt with.

Let's get some klicks going on these boxes.

Jeremy

Attachments

• $IMG_1629.jpg
    $IMG_1629.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 623
Last edited by a moderator:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Thanks mate, looking forward to it. I strongly suggest that anyone participating to this thread subscribe to it in order to see any update.

Rather exciting. Being half way through the list I will have to wait patiently for a few months though!

By then who knows what the contents will be even after 4 or 5 down the line. I'll post up a few shave notes tomorrow morning to get it kickstarted.

I guess me being on the wrong end of this list, I'll probably miss out on the Czech and Speake samples. Too bad, as samples will more than likely be the only thing I'll ever try of their's.

Thanks for putting this together Jeremy. Can't wait for it to come to Ottawa

Not a problem John, I'm just happy it's finally happening. I'm going to post up some shave/product reviews of tomorrow and today's shaves. Gotta say, really looking forward to how this thing changes over the course of the trip.

Similar to Purplemonkey, here a quick preface to my shaving career.
I started getting really into wetshaving about 6ish months ago. Like many here I had been using carts before but unlike some, the appeal of saving money wasn't what really pulled me in. What I found was a whole forum of people who had managed to make a daily chore, something you would wake up in the morning and debate whether it was even worth the effort (unless necessary for employment), into a daily therapeutic session of sorts.
To be honest I have my uncle to thank/blame for my foray into the wet shaving world, him being the one who PIF'd me an old boar brush and Proraso soap. After using the soap with carts, I looked at alternatives and quickly came across here... then after some severe AD's of all kinds I finally arrived to where I am now.

So these are a few shave notes from yesterdays shave:

I've been using one of my straights all November which gives me a baseline of what my standard shave is like, along with one of my Silvertip badgers. I decided to try out the Razorock Tight Buns aftershave, having never tried a Razorock AS before, but for the most part kept my setup more or less the same to cut down on variables. I did use my own jar of B&M Leviathan as my soap so I will include a tidbit about that.

- The shave went seamlessly, I have a LOT of the B&M scents and Leviathan is really an exceptional one when you finally get a little used to it... I can easily see it being overpowering for some.
- I'm a salsa bowl latherer so after a bit of dialling in I got an abundance of absolutely beautiful lather. B&M soaps would probably take the top spot (personally) on my artisan list, but I still have so many to try.
- I had not shaved for a few days before hand so my straight had lots to do. A nice 2 pass shave, above jawline being WTG and XTG while below my jawline was just two WTG's. I only had 1 small nick near my left ear due to my straight having a point to it but a cold rinse and alum bloc later and it was as good as gone.
- Now for the Razorock Aftershave... The scent of tight buns eludes me. I cannot for the life of me properly describe its scent, and trust me I've looked around for a description but have yet to find one that does it justice. It's, to me, a brighter/very clean scent... something you would wear in the summer or spring. As I type this I feel like it could possibly be compared to a barbershop scent (haven't smelled one yet:blushing:) but I guess I wont know until somebody says so down the road. There wasn't too much of a burn but that could just be my abuse of CO9T to blame.
- All in all, excellent shave. Very little irritation and other than the 1 small nick I was left with a DFS to be certain.

Todays shave:

- This morning when I woke up and looked outside, it was cold but sunny. I decided to make it a Bay Rum kinda day and set out to make it just that. I got the D.R. Harris Bay Rum Hair lotion, some of Brian's Barrie Bay Rum soap and my own bottle of CO9T out on the counter and ready to go.
- After my shower I throw in some of the D.R. Hair lotion, it's your usual bay rum smell, a little faint when applied and massaged in to the hair but I did like the feel.
- I get started with the FCSC soap. Brian did an excellent job with this one. I find certain bay rum's can be a bit of a hit or miss but this is definitely one ill be ordering some time after the holidays. The scent is a very nice, almost sweet bay rum mix.
- The lather was very nice and I could smell the scent quite easily the entire shave, and I wanted too. I could have sniffed that soap all day long.
- After my usual 2 pass shave and alum, I broke out the CO9T. Now this stuff, if you've never tried it, will wake you up better than coffee. They really don't exaggerate the burn this stuff gives and its been my go to for those really early morning shifts where I could have used an extra few hours of sleep.

As I finish typing this up, I can still feel the tingle of CO9T on my face and I am quite happy to have made it a Bay Rum day. Tomorrow will be my last day with the box, not too sure what Ill use in the morning or swap out but it will be nice to see the box moving on.

Attachments

• $IMG_1630.jpg
    $IMG_1630.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 552
Hoping to meet up with Jeremy tomorrow to pick up the box. Really looking forward to trying the Ogallala, the CO9T, and the Proraso green AS. Even skipped tonight's shave in anticipation of tomorrows!

Last edited:
I think I should pull my name from the list for now, I'll be away for a while come the new year, and it looks like that's about when the box would be getting to me. Sorry to break up the chain.

The East coast box has experienced its first hand-off! Box is now in my posession. I'll sift through it this evening, and probably hang onto it until early next week, before sending it on it's way.

Luc, PM me your mailing address when you get a chance. Looks like you're next in line!

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
The East coast box has experienced its first hand-off! Box is now in my posession. I'll sift through it this evening, and probably hang onto it until early next week, before sending it on it's way.

Luc, PM me your mailing address when you get a chance. Looks like you're next in line!

It would probably work better the other way to notify the next in line but anyways, PM sent

Top Bottom