What's new

Help, damaged Gillette Slim Adjustable, I think

I bought a Gillette Slim Adjustable several months ago, in very good condition. Everything was working fine when I bought it. I would generally take good care of it, drying it after every shave and roughly once a week cleaning it thoroughly with some hand soap and an old toothbrush.
About a week or so ago I noticed that the dial wasn't running smooth when around the 4 to 5 mark, apart from that it was fine. I didn't know what the problem was, so I reset the dial. However, now after the reset it won't go up to number 9. I can't reset again, because the chamber just above the dial that would come down a bit for the reset won't come down anymore. I haven't tried shaving with the razor after all of this, so I have no idea how the performance will be affected.
Any way to salvage this from home, or would I have to send it in for repair??
Thanks in advance

Probably stuck on old gunk. Try the gentlest treatment first: soak with dishsoap and hot water overnight. If there is gunk in the water in the morning, repeat.

I bought a Gillette Slim Adjustable several months ago, in very good condition. Everything was working fine when I bought it. I would generally take good care of it, drying it after every shave and roughly once a week cleaning it thoroughly with some hand soap and an old toothbrush.
About a week or so ago I noticed that the dial wasn't running smooth when around the 4 to 5 mark, apart from that it was fine. I didn't know what the problem was, so I reset the dial. However, now after the reset it won't go up to number 9. I can't reset again, because the chamber just above the dial that would come down a bit for the reset won't come down anymore. I haven't tried shaving with the razor after all of this, so I have no idea how the performance will be affected.
Any way to salvage this from home, or would I have to send it in for repair??
Thanks in advance

Do what Mblakele recommended. As you change the water try adjusting it from one to nine few times to losen the gunk up.

+1 for this. Sometimes it takes 24-48 hours of soaking and gently working the mechanism to free it up.

Probably stuck on old gunk. Try the gentlest treatment first: soak with dishsoap and hot water overnight. If there is gunk in the water in the morning, repeat.

Top Bottom