What's new

A little Christmas present for my lady wife

This just arrived in the mail today. Absolutely mint 1973 Lady Gillette in blue. Except for some surface scratching on the head it honestly looks like it's never been used. Hope she likes it!

$ladyg1.jpg

uh huh, present for wife, right...:lol: dont worry no one here will pick on you for shaving with it :laugh:. well it does appear to be in very nice shape. i hope your wife loves it, and cudos to her for using a de. nice score picking that one up for her.

uh huh, present for wife, right...:lol: dont worry no one here will pick on you for shaving with it :laugh:. well it does appear to be in very nice shape. i hope your wife loves it, and cudos to her for using a de. nice score picking that one up for her.

I may have to give it a test drive but purely in the interest of scientific discovery you understand...

I may have to give it a test drive but purely in the interest of scientific discovery you understand...
well of course, but only just to make sure that it works ok before handing it over to swmbo :laugh: but ive actually heard these are pretty good shavers. you may have to pick another one up for yourself.

Very nice! I would use it once to be sure the safety bars are properly aligned. It could be uncomfortable otherwise...

I gave one to my fiancée last year just after Christmas when one was PIFed to me for that express reason. She loves it, but honestly prefers my 1985 Gillette Super Adjustable even more. She really enjoys that she can dial it up or down, depending on what she needs.

Make certain to get your wife a nice brush to go along with it! My fiancée prefers her Omega 10098 because of the control the handle gives her. That's the one brush she always reaches for with every shave.

Best of luck to you!

Very nice! I would use it once to be sure the safety bars are properly aligned. It could be uncomfortable otherwise...

I gave one to my fiancée last year just after Christmas when one was PIFed to me for that express reason. She loves it, but honestly prefers my 1985 Gillette Super Adjustable even more. She really enjoys that she can dial it up or down, depending on what she needs.

Make certain to get your wife a nice brush to go along with it! My fiancée prefers her Omega 10098 because of the control the handle gives her. That's the one brush she always reaches for with every shave.

Best of luck to you!
All good ideas Penknight. I was actually thinking of passing along my EJ Best Badger which my wife has used before and likes and picking myself up a Kent XL that I've had my eye on...assuming I get that gift certificate I asked for. Those Kents ain't cheap! :)

She will love it. Got my wife a Gillette Knack a few months back. At first she looked at me like I was nuts - sort of like, "you want me to join that crazy cult of yours?" It only took a few moments to teach her how to load the blade; and now she is a fully certified wetshaver.

Very cool. For you guys that use this razor, what is it comparable to? Is it basically a really long super speed? Or does it have its own unique head?

Nice find! I gave my wife a blue one, she loves it.

+1 Did the same for my wife a couple months ago. I got her 3: pink, champagne and blue. All are in really great shape. The first 2 were 1965 vintage, but the blue is her birth year 1972. Can't tell you how long I searched to get that '72, but it was well worth the wait!!! She has really liked the DE. In fact, she told me today she was going to use one with an Astra SP blade tonight!!! :p

Top Bottom