What's new

Proraso Revisited - Is Proraso Only For Beginners? NOT Necessarily.

I finally bit the bullet and ordered a tube of this stuff so I can figure it out myself. Some people seem to love it, some are neither here nor there, while others will never use it again. I figured I didn't have much to lose at $9.50CAD a tube.

I looked back on the thread and see that Marco talk about the Blue tube so that's what I'm starting with.

mcee_sharp

MCEAPWINMOLQOVTIAAWHAMARTHAEHOAIDIAMRHDAE
I finally bit the bullet and ordered a tube of this stuff so I can figure it out myself. Some people seem to love it, some are neither here nor there, while others will never use it again. I figured I didn't have much to lose at $9.50CAD a tube.

I looked back on the thread and see that Marco talk about the Blue tube so that's what I'm starting with.

I have a tube of the Blue (Protetivo/Protective). Decent, but I much prefer the performance of Palmolive.

I found it "shockingly" good! I wish it were easier to get it in North America however.
What do you mean? It's on Amazon, Walmart and eBay. I don't have to get off my butt to get it :D

I just bought the aloe version now, should be here in a few days. Look forward to it.

mcee_sharp

What do you mean? It's on Amazon, Walmart and eBay. I don't have to get off my butt to get it :D

I just bought the aloe version now, should be here in a few days. Look forward to it.
I should have added: AND for the equivalent of 2 EU :D

I should have added: AND for the equivalent of 2 EU :D
There's a few places that sell it here in Canada, but it's not readily available locally. After shipping and tax, a 100ml tube would cost me the equivalent of $16.44 EU. That's nipping on the heels of tub for artisan soaps. If you think about it on a per-ml basis, that's full on artisan prices for me.

I liked the Azur Lime balm so much I ordered the cream. To discover I could only get the large bag of 275mL.

It arrived, I lathered some up to see what the scent is, it's fantastic, look forward to using it.

So I ordered the cologne as well.

I'm wondering why Proraso discontinued this? IMO this Azur Lime beats the scent of most of the artisan soaps I got.

It is labelled "Super Formula", Tam.
Hi Marco I did not find Supper Formula on the tube ….this picture is from Proraso it web page ,,, where is it supposed to be printed ?

thanks and have a nice day
tam

Attachments

• IMG_8176.jpeg
    IMG_8176.jpeg
    366.5 KB · Views: 9

mcee_sharp

There's a few places that sell it here in Canada, but it's not readily available locally. After shipping and tax, a 100ml tube would cost me the equivalent of $16.44 EU. That's nipping on the heels of tub for artisan soaps. If you think about it on a per-ml basis, that's full on artisan prices for me.

Yep. I went the Italian Barber route, so it was ~11 CAD, but I had to time it for when I needed other things that would add up to that free shipping. Group trip to Europe?

I‘ve used Proraso in the tub for a while but never from a tube. I will look for it to give it a try. I do like it from the tub.

Yep. I went the Italian Barber route, so it was ~11 CAD, but I had to time it for when I needed other things that would add up to that free shipping. Group trip to Europe?

I just looked at your profile. I'm one province over in BC. I would have to do the same thing if I wanted to pick up a tube. That's basically what I did with my last order from Fendrihan. I'm running low on Bay Rum and picked up a few different soaps. Proraso tipped the scales for free shipping.

It was either get a tube of soap, or pay Canada Post to carry it and not get a tube of soap.

Top Bottom