What's new

Newbie questions about deluxe style wet shaving

Greetings,
What is the difference between a traditional wet shave, a modern artisan (or artisanal) wet shave, and a traditional artisan (or artisanal) wet shave? And... for crying out loud, how many different types of deluxe gourmet style wet shaves are there anyway (both historical and contemporary)?
Thank you

Not sure what you mean by these terms. The shave is as artisal or deluxe as you make it. That depends only upon your preferences and imagination in using the hardware and software. HTH!

Jerry

I've never heard of those terms before, except for traditional wet shave (which is what most of us do). You might try searching in the ShaveWiki. I've only heard of the term Artisan in connection with software. You might also try searching the Shaving Soaps, Shaving Creams, and After Shaves forums using the keyword Artisan.

I've never heard of those terms before, except for traditional wet shave (which is what most of us do). You might try searching in the ShaveWiki. I've only heard of the term Artisan in connection with software. You might also try searching the Shaving Soaps, Shaving Creams, and After Shaves forums using the keyword Artisan.

+1 It doesn't matter what you call your shaves as long as you are enjoying them! :thumbup:

+1 for this. We talk about wet shaving (soap & water) vs. dry, or electric shaving.

Generally, wet shaving refers to using double edge razors and blades instead of cartridges, even though both are "wet" techniques.

I don't know, but I'd guess it's marketing.

Greetings,
What is the difference between a traditional wet shave, a modern artisan (or artisanal) wet shave, and a traditional artisan (or artisanal) wet shave? And... for crying out loud, how many different types of deluxe gourmet style wet shaves are there anyway (both historical and contemporary)?
Thank you

What?

Maybe the traditional is with a shavette and the modern is with a cartridge? Maybe there is post shave facial mask on a modern too? Or massage. Have you seen the video of the Indian? Barber in the van... That's another type too!

Greetings,
Thank you

There is Traditional Wet Shaving which is covered under Straight razor, Single Edge GEM and Double edge razor shaving.

Then there is Non Traditional wet shaving which covers Disposable razors such as the Mach3, Fusion, and single edge shlick razor.

Top Bottom