What's new

I've committed a horrible foul!

The other evening I decided to test out one of my razors in my collection. ( I generally have 2 sets of razors, the ones I have as collectibles and the slightly lower quality duplicates that I have that I use.) I was having an already bad day and decided that a good shave followed by a glass of Johnnie Walker would be a stress reliever before turning in. Well with out having a duplicate I took one from my collection, while crossing through the kitchen my new condition Gillette Tech 3 fell to the floor and broke the threading from the top plate. Lesson learned: Never use part of your collection. Always one use the duplicate.

Ummm. Pics? Or it didn't happen. Thought I would be the first to say it.

In all reality, just get a donor tech, for the top plate, and "viola" fixed. They are a plentiful, out there.

Was it Johnny Blue? Cause you should pour about 8 fingers in a glass and at least enjoy the drink with stubble.

Nick

I would feel real bad for you except you said you dropped your RAZOR not your WHISKEY. I'm sure it still stings, but at least you still had good old Johnnie to console you. Hang in there buddy. I've found a hot shower, good soap, a decent replacement razor, and a solid bourbon helps to ease the stress.

I dropped my newly acquired NEW in the sink a few days ago. Very sick feeling at first but luckily no damage at all. Those damn small slippery handles.

Here is the photo. Now my question is does anyone know a website or a person with a junkyard of razor parts? Blitzkrieg I'd be less concerned if it was Johnnie, that is replaceable.
$20141116_075103.jpg

Sir I just drank a glass of Johnny Walker Blue lable to help ease your pain. Please let me know if i need to have another to make you feel better.

I have a nice little(about 1 1/4 inch) scar on my thigh from dropping my Pre-War Tech. I wasn't willing to let it hit the bottom of the shower so instinct made me "hacky sack" it. Luckily only the first hit cut me.

But no damage, to the razor... thigh bled like a stuck pig for hours and then would open up walking around work. In hindsight... I would probably do it again.

stuff like that usually happens to me that's y I try to be extra careful with the things I really like but things happen

I have a nice little(about 1 1/4 inch) scar on my thigh from dropping my Pre-War Tech. I wasn't willing to let it hit the bottom of the shower so instinct made me "hacky sack" it. Luckily only the first hit cut me.

But no damage, to the razor... thigh bled like a stuck pig for hours and then would open up walking around work. In hindsight... I would probably do it again.

Now THIS is dedication.

Sorry for your loss. Thankfully, you can get a replacement Tech at minimal cost and replace the broken cap stud.

What the heck is going on here? I cannot be the only one thinking this. I thought these vintage gillette razors were made of brass. The photos, and the breaks make me think that gillette used pot metal(aka Zamak). Or did they just use very poor quality brass? If they have been using poor quality brass, what years are we talking about?

I fear that I do not have a junk yard of old razor parts, But I am going to start one.
If I find the part I will let you know.

Top Bottom