What's new

A stupid question about the Trac II

Hello guys. I have been shaving with a DE razor for 1.5 years now and I love it. Since my first DE shave I never looked/missed the Fusion and M3 I used to shave with. 10 years ago my father bought me a Trac II. I shaved only a couple times with it and I hated it (due lack of technique I guess).

I have recently found it in my closet, since he passed away back in 2009 it still reminds me of him. I want to give it a try. I was wondering if there are Trac II carts with one blade instead of two? I know it sounds very stupid but I don't want to get any ingrown hairs etc.

You can try the track 2 its not that bad a razor, If it does not work put it up o the wall as a keep sake.

Nope. They all have two blades. Some are better than others, too.

Not a bad shaver, though, the Trac II. You should load up a cartridge and give it a try. You might be surprised.

They all have two blades. I regularly use a Trac II on short business trips (no DE blades allowed in the cabin baggage). The shave feel is different than with a DE, but I get a good result with them.

I like the vintage Wilkinson Sword Twin cartridges (without the slime strip) that you sometimes still can find on Ebay.

Personna blades for the Trac II are a great and inexpensive way to go. The following supplier is legit. I bought from this vendor a while back and I'm very pleased. Just note that these carts have a lube strip. I'm not a fan of the lube strip, so I scrap them off with a small screwdriver. I get good shaves with these, and use them when I'm in a rush and have to skip my preferred DE ways.

http://www.amazon.com/Personna-Pivo...qid=1415828932&sr=8-5&keywords=trac+ii+blades

I'm not a fan of the lube strip, so I scrap them off with a small screwdriver.
I'm not a fan either. I soak the cartridge in some water for an hour or so, and then the lube strip can be scraped off pretty easily with any flat object (screwdriver, putty knife, pocket knife...).

Fascinating...a method of shaving that requires disassembly and destruction of the razor before it's usable[emoji15]

When new and dry, you can get the point of a knife blade in the corner, and then the lube strip USUALLY pops right out.
Hmm...when I tried that the strip just broke off in tiny bits, but the majority remained, which is why I went to the soaking method.

I started shaving with a Trac II, a very, very long time ago, lets just say our president at the time had a problem with the Watergate Apartments, back to the point, the Trac II worked pretty well for me, a long time user with the cans of goop. I don't think you'll have too big a problem with in grown hairs, I think it got worse as it grew to 3,4,5 blades, to infinity and beyond....

I think it got worse as it grew to 3,4,5 blades, to infinity and beyond....
^That right there. Twin fixed blades was an improvement over one.

Three blades began the regression, and it worsened from there. The pivoting and roller ball gimmicks sent cartridge effectiveness into the abyss, IMO.

Last edited:
Top Bottom