What's new

New Thater, crunchy tips normal?

Hi
I just received a beautiful faux horn Thater 4292/5. I used it for the first time today and it was awesome. I noticed that it's drying with crunchy, not soft tips. Is this normal for all two band knots?

The light side: lathering some B&M

$Thater2.jpg

The dark side...
$Thater 1.jpg

I find this to be very common with several knots, my Thater 2 band included. Once the knot is dry, just use some painting strokes across the palm of your hand and see if the tips don't soften considerably.

Additionally, once wet, it will be super soft again.

Beautiful brush.

I had the 23mm version of this brush. It was soft when dry and softer still when wet. Gel tips. I guess it depends on the treatment each batch gets.

To decrease clumping I recommend only shaking the brush well before setting to dry as opposed to painting it on a towel which draws the hairs together.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Happens to many brushes with very thin, fine hair. Nothing to worry about, as someone said, brush it over the palm of your hand and the hairs will separate. Looks like the surface tension of the minute amount of water left between the hair is a stronger force than the stiffness/flex of the hair and they clump together when they are drying. I remember some years back someone made a big stink here on the forum and Thaeter brushes got a bad rap for this....I think now we are all well aware that this is not a flaw of the brushes.

As RV stated due to the fact that Thater 2Band hair is thin this is quite normal as for clumping when wet, again it's as Rv stated. You could if you desire use a good hair conditioner after rinsing.

These are beautiful brushes.................. Enjoy.

Charles U.K

Thanks for all the info. I wasn't really worried, more curious. This brush is different experience from my others. The feeling of softness yet pressure is delightful (really, delightful?).
I thought it may be too large, but I find it easy to control the lather.
Cheers!

Top Bottom