What's new

Favorite Cover Songs

I didn't catch the artist's name but earlier today I heard a male singer doing a cover of Bowie's Life on Mars ... in Portuguese!!! Loved it!

Lots of awesome covers everyone, very cool thread, let me throw this one out there. Love Tori Amos

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta add this one by Cake, who does a good job with a lot of covers apparently!

Re: Hurt by Johnny Cash. When the originator says you did it better you know you did a great cover.

The show sons of anarchy has been a fountain of great covers primarily by the forest rangers with various singers. Katy Segal (Gemma, Peg Bundy) and the White buffalo have done some great ones too. But my favorite is this one by Jamey Johnson and Shooter Jennings.

[Yt]fo_szHx1_no[/yt]

Classic cover from back in the day. I know that she also did Helter Skelter but I prefered this cover.

Joe Bonamassa covering ZZ Top's Just Got Paid, with a few other gems mixed into the guitar solo.

Well spotted mate. Smith was still rocking hard with The Cure so was and jumping between the two bands and having a documentary made at the same time. I think he left them a little while after. Totally overqualified to be just a guitarist but it must have been amazing to be part of a band like the Banshees.

Classic cover from back in the day. I know that she also did Helter Skelter but I prefered this cover.

On page 1 is a cover of Gimme Shelter. That is one of the songs, that I Love the covers of, as much or more than the original. Like I said about Wayfaring Stranger, Gimme Shelter is covered by many.

I Love this version, of this song.

Re: Hurt by Johnny Cash. When the originator says you did it better you know you did a great cover.

The show sons of anarchy has been a fountain of great covers primarily by the forest rangers with various singers. Katy Segal (Gemma, Peg Bundy) and the White buffalo have done some great ones too. But my favorite is this one by Jamey Johnson and Shooter Jennings.

[Yt]fo_szHx1_no[/yt]

Replying because the youtube link did not show up correctly. First time I saw the Johnny Cash's "Hurt" video, I did not recognize it as a cover song even though I had heard the original many times (never saw the video, only heard the song).
His rendition was so much more powerful...I was partially shocked to see him at such an advanced age and he came across as so very genuine.

Replying because the youtube link did not show up correctly. First time I saw the Johnny Cash's "Hurt" video, I did not recognize it as a cover song even though I had heard the original many times (never saw the video, only heard the song).
His rendition was so much more powerful...I was partially shocked to see him at such an advanced age and he came across as so very genuine.
It shows up in tapatalk. Just search Jamey Johnson and you are my sunshine.

Hurt has shown up 3 times. It's great. The whole album is full of great covers.

Top Bottom