What's new

Any else camping this weekend?

We are! $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414787955.715569.jpg

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Pitched a tent in the backyard last weekend and camped out with my 6 yr old grandson. Hotdogs & marshmallow smores over the fire pit. Wished I had a setup like yours though.

Nice. I have wanted a camper for the longest. I figure here in about 20-25 years (retirement time) I'll get one haha

I really hate camping, but I love the outdoors. I never camp for camping's sake just to be camping. If it is a means to and end and you have to, then I will camp; i.e., fishing or hunting in a remote place, but that's the only way for me.
cottontop

Soon.

My buddy just bought a handfull of acres outside city limits that bump against a (very small, really a big creek) local river. He's bulldozed about an acre and built a berm for lead catching. We are going to light the biggest fire we can manage, shoot some guns, drink a couple beers, shoot some guns, put them away and have a lot more beer. It's just tent living down there, but it's going to be a good time.

Also, drinking and shooting is more like a beer and shooting, or less. We're not dumb, and will probably stick to soda until the guns are cased.

Not camping here , actually just put my VW camper bus down for winter repairs and some updating.

Great set up there and looks like fun

Something about that spot, maybe the trees, reminds me of where I USED to keep my trailer. I say 'used to', careful who ya marry!
Hope the weekend was well :thumbup1:

I did!
In Michigan, just north of the Indiana border.

Snowed on us a little bit

i've considered proposing to my wife that we should eventually sell our camper and buy a cabin up in the mountains by a lake or river sometime. I think that'd be awesome. And your place there looks awesome!!

Good memories! My kids loved camping right away. Their el-cheapo Walmart tents finally gave up the ghost after three seasons, so this Christmas they're each getting an upgrade. I've had the same Diamond Brand two-person tent for 30 years, and it's good as new. Thanks for posting these pictures!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
i've considered proposing to my wife that we should eventually sell our camper and buy a cabin up in the mountains by a lake or river sometime. I think that'd be awesome. And your place there looks awesome!!

I wish it was mine. Its a family cabin of one of my best friends. We try to get up there at least once a year. I freaking love it.

The best kind of cabin is someone elses! They have the maintenance hassles, taxes, etc. and you get to borrow or rent for minimal cost.

I would have been, but there's too much chance of snow -- between here and there.

Attachments

• $Primitive Camp.jpg
    $Primitive Camp.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 89
Last weekend. Mt Rogers in SW Virginia. 3 degrees on Friday night and beautiful, but cold on Saturday. Boy Scout backpacking trip and a great adventure and learning experience for all hands.

Top Bottom